Doing head gaskets and port work, have a few questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

2.5mazda wrote:I was thinking about getting 30 or 40 thousandths taken off, and just building a nice flowing har running N/A motor with cams. If I decide to stick with the nitrous, I will just have them decked and throw it back together. I hear ya about the wavy heads though.
No. That's way too much for our cars. The valves hitting is not an issue, but timing is since each head you shave, it adds on to the off-timing of the other head too. I'd only take as much as necessary to make them flat. Usually that'll be .006" - .010" unless someone ran them without coolant for 15 minutes ....... Ahem!!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

lakersfan1 wrote:
2.5mazda wrote:I was thinking about getting 30 or 40 thousandths taken off, and just building a nice flowing har running N/A motor with cams. If I decide to stick with the nitrous, I will just have them decked and throw it back together. I hear ya about the wavy heads though.
No. That's way too much for our cars. The valves hitting is not an issue, but timing is since each head you shave, it adds on to the off-timing of the other head too. I'd only take as much as necessary to make them flat. Usually that'll be .006" - .010" unless someone ran them without coolant for 15 minutes ....... Ahem!!

what kinda clown idiot is this guy talking about??

:oops: :(
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

ninjajim4 wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:

what kinda clown idiot is this guy talking about??

:oops: :(
The kinda clown that's going to get his car the hell out of my garage this week. It should be done tomorrow.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

ah ok, got it. thank you for clarifying!
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

I had to buy all new head bolts on mine, all but one stretched beyond specs. But note mine was severally overheated several times (thats how i got it for damn near free). Whoever was trying to fix it screwed up bad (long story). i agree your bolts are probably Ok but i'd check them nonetheless. I don't know what year your KL-DE is but for a 96 2.5l the maximum length is 5.315 inches. :lol:
92 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, OBX headers, 2-1/2" exhaust, XL Performance muffler, AASCO Aluminum flywheel,Pheno spacers,APEXi Airflow computer,Eibach springs,Tockico struts, Toyo RA1 205/50ZR15s, B&M short shifter. MS control arm Bushings, SS clutch line, SS brake hoses
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I am thinking I dont want to mess with it. screw it. I am going this weekend to pick up a KLZE most likely.... This engine was perfect, but it just doesnt have the power I am looking for.

175 bucks takes it, I have extra heads, intake manifold, throttle body, cams, fuel pressure regulator, valve covers and a few more parts as well.
anyone need a KLDE?
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

i was looking around and i think i found that gude.com can do all the engine work for you for 500 bucks like higher cams,ported manifold, head porting,ported throttle body, headers, ecu, racing valve grind, and high compression Radius cylinders.I think its a deal to me cause engine parts are pretty pricey
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

it could be only for the 4 cylinder one iunno you gotta ask them

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”