Need some more Performance!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
INSTYLE101

Need some more Performance!!!

Post by INSTYLE101 »

I'm just wondering what else i could do to get some more juice outta my car, it's a stock V6 1.8L 5 speed, i have a cold air intake, new HKS sparks and wires, and a header ordered on the way, what else can i do to improve HP, without breaking the bank?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Lightweight flywheel (pretty cheap for results it gives you), better clutch, klde engine wont break your bank, you can get em anywhere around 300 - 500 local junk yards. um... light weight pulley, delete ac, synthetic oil Headers will mkake a bit of a diff but are a pain in the asre to install but well they are worth it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Some KLDE intake cams would be cheap, and they'd have .035 more lift than the K8 intake cams. That'd probably run you $40 max. Or you could get a full set of KLZE cams. That'd be about $200.
INSTYLE101

Post by INSTYLE101 »

what exactly would KLZE cams do? and is it hard to install, how do they improve car power
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Valve timing. Lift and duration.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

or......you could be the brave one that actually buys those electrical turbos and let us know how much it helps........come on man take one for the team
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:or......you could be the brave one that actually buys those electrical turbos and let us know how much it helps........come on man take one for the team
:lol: those wont do anything, if you are looking for performance you can try running some nitrous...
mx3dude
Supporting Member

Post by mx3dude »

I actually may be taking the dive this summer and trying the ESC Electric Supercharger by Thomas Knight. There's so much debate about it, some people saying that it could work, thomas knight writing about it himself here, and others saying it's a POS. If i get it, hopefully I'll be able to clear up this damn debate once and for all.
95' MX-3 RS, front and rear stabilizer bars, B&M short shifter, homemade ground kit, all power options just installed, passport 8500 X50 radar detector (+15HP, -8mpg, +20mi/hr top end on the highway)
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

You could get some track lite 2.0 rims 15x6.5 are like 10.0 lbs each but for $232 kinda pricey. I am ordering them one at a time..I suck lol..anywho, if you can reduce your rotational mass, you will notice improvement in your 0-60 and 60 ft. and all that great junk.
1993 MX-3 GS-SE -> Leather Interior, HEI Mod, Blaster 2 coil, NGK spark wires, Cold Air Intake, Underbody kit, Strut bar, Iridium plugs, Phoenix Gold amp 400w, Bazooka 12" sub-> 62,000 miles and still going ? Amazing lol..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”