Lever of turn signal too sensitive

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
im2bad4ya

Lever of turn signal too sensitive

Post by im2bad4ya »

Okay, so when I signal left, it works as it should (or as I'VE experienced with other cars). I make a fairly decent sharp left turn and when the steering wheel is back at 12 o'clock, turn signal goes back to middle position. No problem.

But when signaling to the right, it doesn't matter how much I turn the steering wheel towards the right because as soon as I bring it back, the signal turns off. This is especially annoying when parking or waiting at a stop sign. Just holding the steering wheel with the right turn signal on makes the signal go back to its middle position.

So is there a way to calibrate the signal lever? Do I have to buy a new one or is this an electrical problem?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

two ways you can fix it.

1. the easy way (but not the best on your car). Set your feet in the floor and pull on the steering wheel with both hands. (pull evenly on both sides) You have to pull pretty hard, no jerking.

2. the right way. Take the steering wheel off and regrease the signal lever with some white lithium grease.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”