klze with 5lbs of turbo but how about nos?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
oh-hell

klze with 5lbs of turbo but how about nos?

Post by oh-hell »

Im just today installing my klze into my 92 mx3 gs. The ze has turbo on it running 5 lbs of boost but i alwready had nos. can i still use it or am i making an engine bomb? ALSO how much more power will 5 lbs of boost give me?? Is it worth doing?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Depends on a few things there champ.. What size turbo is it? Some turbos arent even in their efficency range below 10 psi. What turbo are you going to get? And how much of a shot of nos were you planning on. The use of nitrous on a turbo car boggles me. I only see nitrous being useful at the track to use to help spool the turbo up. Why not say to hell with the laughing gas and just have the boost to 10 psi? 5 wont give you much I wouldent say. As long as the tune is there I cant see why it wouldent take at least ten.

Im not a fan of nitrous... its just too dangerous for little gain in my opinion. Bottle refilling.. heating blankets.. not consistent hp gain.. Baah! Boost is much more reliable, has better gains and you dont need to refil any stinking bottles. I wouldent risk the nos on your new klze..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Dom

Post by Dom »

one turbos 5lbs is another 15.....with the high cpr of the ze and its already boosted i wouldnt bother with nitrous...like Franco said its a pian in the a-- and not worth the time and money when you could upgrade a boost component

Return to “Forced Induction”