Intercooler space

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Intercooler space

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Hey, I have a '93 V6 MX-3 GS SE and I am wondering how I am going to fit an intercooler on my car without taking out the a/c. Can I modify the stock parts to make it fit or will I need a new front bumper? If it won't work on stock parts, will it work with the MazdaSpeed front bumper by CorkSport?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Hey guy.. I still have A/C and I have a front mount intercooler. Youll have to trim away some of the bumper to make it fit in there but it goes in there perfect. Make sure you get the right size intercooler though. You dont want one too big. Ive had an intercooler in behind the stock bumper and now I have it behind the mazdaspeed one. Still have ac...

Please dont judge me.. this pic was taken years ago and my piping is MUCH better now and so is the intercooler.. This is just so you get the idea..

Ohh boy.. I tell ya.. that wasent yesterday.

And with the mazdaspeed front....

1200 posts!!!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

What size intercooler did you use for the stock bumper and the MS bumper?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Dom

Post by Dom »

id say 7x20x2.5......look at jrc intercoolers they are long and small....ppl use them on civics a lot and theyre actually not that bad performance wise
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the one I used for the turbo kit GB is around 26x6x2.5 (end tank to end tank).

Look for the long thread about turbo kit group buy in the forced induction forum (I think)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”