Audi Quattro

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Audi Quattro

Post by fowljesse »

I chose the MX-3 over an Audi Quattro. It was newer, but I didn't trust the price (too low). It was in a small town in Texas, and the story was that the owner had to go to Germany last minute, and left the title with a friend. The A/C didn't work, and the windows didn't work. This is a big deal in Texas! I'm wondering if I should have checked it out. I also passed because I don't know anything about Audi, except that the ones I saw in the '80s had expensive problems. Any opinions?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
92mazdaman

Post by 92mazdaman »

i loved all my audis at the point in my life i wish i had bought the audi i looked at. my mx has been with the hood up more then i have been in the driver seat. im not happy! plus audi engines fail proof i had a 87 4000cs quattro and i sat in the drive way trying to blow the motor i had gas florred hitting rev.limiter for lit. 20 mins oil temps were off the gauge could not get it to blow. i went out the next day drove it for 4 hours and still no oil burning NO DAMAGE INTERNALLY you just cant beat them. the other thing is the horse power you have to droplike 5000 dollars into a mx3 to get like 30 hp if your lucky. drop that in an audi 1.8t and youll probally sit around 350or 400 hp. LOVE MY AUDI GREAT CARS
im yergie
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

my roomate has an 2004 audi a4 and its warranty just went out about 5k ago, and so far he's had to have it serviced 3 times since then for majory mechanical problems. His ecu died on him, windows stopped working, and they're was a problem with his turbo as well. not to mention while it was still under waranty he it was in the dealership getting worked on quite often. he's probably paid about 6k in labor and parts, and he litterally just bought the car about 7 months ago from an audi dealership. They are too hitech for there own good
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
92mazdaman

Post by 92mazdaman »

oh im not saying you dont have to have money to own one but what his roomate should have done was replace stock turbo with garrett t28 had his ecu sent out to giac tuning and all this probally would have cost about 2000 and he would have had about 350 hp to his car instead of stock 180 i still would rather have that audi then my mx-3
im yergie
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I work for audi but i mostly see the new ones. The cars are a LOT better then they use to be but they are still expensive to fix. These cars have way to many computers in them for their own good and i cant imagine them lasting very long. They are great cars, well built, very safe, but i can forsee them all in the junkyard in a few years after the build date.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

WWHHeewwww! That's what I thought. Like a Jaguar; Fantastic car for the few weeks a year it runs.. My MX-3 is fun enough, and my friends/ chicks dig it. I'm happy with my choice 8)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
92mazdaman

Post by 92mazdaman »

well all i can say is you guys have fun with your 100hp but dont race one cause it WILL leave eating turbo ehaust :D
im yergie
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, all the way to the dealer, or junkyard. J/K, but if I had the $$$ to keep feeding it, I'd buy something as fast that wouldn't break down.
92mazdaman

finally did something smart

Post by 92mazdaman »

i got rid of my pos 92 mx-3 and bought the audi ive wanted!!! thank god that mx was nothing but trouble.i love my audi its a champ. all i can suggest to you other people do the same, audi is the way to go. i should've never bought a ford to begin with!!! :D
im yergie
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There is little to no Ford in an Mx-3, and I would never trade in my Mx-3 for anything, especially not an Audi
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

why waste your money on audi. Nowadays the VW is as good as the audi, more reliable and cheaper.

You pay for the name with Audi
92mazdaman

Post by 92mazdaman »

johnny you dont know cars for s--- if your saying vw is as goodas audi you just stick to your asain s--- my man!!!
im yergie
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

um no. You do know that Audi is just an overpriced VW right?

the older ones aren't but the late models are the same car different badging. Its sort of like looking at the Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country same vehicle with different badging same with the Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac Pursuit, Chevrolet Aveo and Pontiac Wave the list goes on and on. The only difference is standard options. In fact the 1.8T engine in the A4 is the same one they put in the Jetta, Passat and Golf.

Maybe you should do some research. You may find some interesting information on how car companies can sell the same car with different badging for different prices.

Come to think of it why are you even on these forums if you don't own or like the mx3?
92mazdaman

audiworld

Post by 92mazdaman »

research has shown my man that the 1.8t engine youd be talking about< which is one of the best theyve made>isn't the same as they put in the vw gulf. maybe you are the one that needs to do the research like i said its best you stick to your asian products. believe me i was an audi owner far before i owned my crap mazda!!! further more lets talk about mods. mx-3 <none> audi a4 ecu chip<200 hp> apr's kit<400 hp> all on existing engine. were id have to to klze swap for even close to about 280 hp same amount of money. which is smarter for the money AUDI!!!! and those are cold hard facts. thats why i got rid of my ford product
im yergie
kaze

Post by kaze »

abit off topic... but i wouldn't mind a Ford RS200 Evolution :p
from a 4AGE to a K8...

Return to “Off-Topic”