precidia rs 4cyl engine swap to V6/KLZE info

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sauga

precidia rs 4cyl engine swap to V6/KLZE info

Post by sauga »

I have a 95 4 cyl that is in mint shape but engine wise it sucks, Thats why I am posting this in hopes that some of you might have some info about this swap or maybe even have done it.... I would love some input.
Thanks
I have a 95 precidia rs 4 cyl for sale car is in good shape new waterpump and timing belt getting new clutch master cylinder now..so if u know anyone get in touch
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

do a search there is ALL KINDS of info for you :2thumbsup: good luck
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
sauga

Post by sauga »

I have been searching for info everywhere and all I can find is gsv6 to klze, so if you know where I can find some info on the 4cyl to klze that would be great
I have a 95 precidia rs 4 cyl for sale car is in good shape new waterpump and timing belt getting new clutch master cylinder now..so if u know anyone get in touch
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

im pretty certain you wont find any info. it cost way too much money and takes alot of time to do it. you are better off going with a bp and turbo it or to go with a bpt and you will have around the same or even more hp for alot easier swap and alot cheaper too. thats just my .02
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
sauga

bp/bpt

Post by sauga »

bp is what a 323 motor and if so why not just turbo my dohc? I am not sure what a bpt is but from what I gather its a miata motor so will it bolt in...and what year motor?
sauga

Post by sauga »

One thing I gotta know is if any of your dohc motors actually have good pick up? Maybe something is wrong with mine. I seem to have pick up from 0-3500 then it drops off till 5500 rpm. Just did a tune up so idunno.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Try replacing your oxygen sensor and maybe do a 4-wire conversion. My sensor is gone i think (i replaced it 8 months ago) and my car is running filthy rich - literally filthy rich - it coats the plugs, the exhaust and everything with black stuff - and running rich reduces all power below 2500 rpms (atleast in my car).
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
sauga

Post by sauga »

Well my car is not smoking and it makes power below 2500 but I am curious what a four wire conversion is?
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

4 wire sensor is the "new" type introduced in 97 i think. It has an improved sensing element and it has a separate ground wire (the 4th wire) for the sensor element.
symptoms of failed oxygen sensors are:
Failed emissions test (high CO and/or HC typically)
Damaged catalytic converter (caused by an over rich fuel mixture)
Poor fuel mileage (caused by an over rich fuel mixture)
Engine runs rough
Sluggish performance
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

*note to self* check plugs tomorrow to see what they look like.

I already know I gotta replace my fuel filter(which ill try to get to tomorrow), but I might as well see what my plugs look like while im at it. They are fairly new so I know there's a problem if the things are coated. Got rid of my HLA tick to! Just had to replace the Valve Cover Gasket, the lady who I bought the car off of must have had someone tinkering under the hood and overtorqued the cover(crimping the gasket) causing oil leak in back and loss of oil pressure.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”