Runnig rich and I dont know why..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Runnig rich and I dont know why..

Post by hgallegos915 »

yup puffs of black smoke come out when i hit the gas or rev it.. um WHY? o.0 codes i oulled are code

It says i need the fpr.. I plugged it in and still get that code, i dont get Oxygen sensor error codes, i just replaced the rear one.

I have klde injectors, k8 fuel pressure regulator (same as de) no gas leaks.. any ideas?? what causes for it to run rich? bad fuel filter? air filter?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Well my first guess is to switch back to your KF injectors, since your running that motor, and see what happens then. I personally am more familiar with ZE issues so someone correct me if I am wrong about my logical idea I am having but by the sounds of it, your injectors are set for dumping fuel in with the KF injectors and ECU, but your telling a larger (DE) injector to work as hard as a KF would, so it's probably running rich due to the extra fuel.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I give up, just gonna slap on the new clutch ne fly and sell her. Ill be looking for something more reliable than this crap.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote:Well my first guess is to switch back to your KF injectors, since your running that motor, and see what happens then. I personally am more familiar with ZE issues so someone correct me if I am wrong about my logical idea I am having but by the sounds of it, your injectors are set for dumping fuel in with the KF injectors and ECU, but your telling a larger (DE) injector to work as hard as a KF would, so it's probably running rich due to the extra fuel.

KFZE uses same injectors as KLZE Black tops

16-EGR Valve Position Sensor (as the kfze doesnt have EGR dont worry about)

25-PRC When you hooked up your DE injectors did you just swap the fuel rail (typically thats what everyone does cause its easier) if so hook the kf fuel rail back up you shouldnt of removed it in the 1st place.

28-EGR SOLENOID VAVLE (dont worry about it kfze doesnt use

Puffs of black smoke can be number of things, one your burning something up in your block.
2 the car is dumping fuel and your plugs are foulled up this would also explain the reason the motor has a loss of hp.

You need to replace your spark plugs (make sure you use k8 denso or ngk plugs), put the kf fuel rail and fpr and injectors back in (not sure why you frankensteined parts up like that) , go ahead and replace your fuel filter, then reset the ecu, drive the car for about 30-50 miles on the kf15 ecu. you should already notice a difference and i bet the problem that your having goes away. Then Pop your k8 ecu and pull codes again you shouldnt pull anymore codes that arnt related to EGR.
If this fixes the problem LEAVE THE MOTOR ALONE.

If the problem persist then you've probably hurt the motor from driving on it hard (as noticed from other posts) while it was weak. Dunno you've had more problems with the kf motor than anyone on the forum so maybe you just got a bad motor. Barry's motor didnt have this many problems and it only ran for 15 mins :) Good luck with it
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

hey hex you still got my old ZE!!!!!! Slap some of that stuff on that mofobee
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Sounds like a good start, get to work Hector :D You'll regret selling it
Good Luck :)
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok thanks u guys keep my hopes up :) I did replace spark plugs but i have never ever had the kf fuel rail in there. Had to originally use the klde ones. I will replace fuel filter. Ill regap the plugs. Ill do what u guys told me. Powered by hks, that ze was sent to the scrap yard. I only kept one head. I got like 5 dllrs for it. Ill pull a comporession test.. if the engine is gone ill slap the k8 back.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”