ATX to MTX Reverse question

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

ATX to MTX Reverse question

Post by BoOdOg »

Ok,

So in a 94 RS doing a ATX to MTX swap. Is their any way to hook up the reverse lights? Swapping harness would be the only way I see but I do not want to do this. I figure I could hook it to a switch but I would much rather have them come on when I put car into reverse. Any information be great thanks.

I did search and found some information on KLZE atx to mtx swap but nothing about the reverse lights just about jumping a plug.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The MTX will have a reverse light switch in it so you would just need to swing over the wires from the park / neutral switch to the reverse switch. The colours to use are RED / GREEN and BLACK / RED and can be seen here:
http://eunos30x.com/info/1994%20Wiring%20diagrams.pdf
page 50.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

thanks for reply the link is dead, any chance you can post that pic?
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

sweet site worked today from work ... thanks man
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

in case someone ever searches it

when doing DOHC ATX to MTX to get car to start
you must connect the netural safety wires they are located at the very end of the automatic harness (big orange plug )
your looking for the two larger wires in the series blue/black and red/black
connect them.

Now for your reverse lights find the backup lights switch on your manual tranny should be 2 wires going to a plug and one wire looped on the plug. cut the 2 wires off and connect them to a red/green and black/yellow wire from the same series as you found the netural safety wires

this may help someone works perfect on my 94 :)
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

BoOdOg wrote:when doing DOHC ATX to MTX to get car to start
you must connect the netural safety wires they are located at the very end of the automatic harness (big orange plug )
your looking for the two larger wires in the series blue/black and red/black
connect them.

)

Thats fine for anyone who wants to do it like that.... but I'll just throw this in

If you want to have actual working neutral safety instead of just bipassed, run 2 wires from the same 2 you just connected thru the firewall and solder them to the switch on the clutch pedal. only takes 5 extra minutes :idea:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “Transmissions”