Power Door locks using oem parts?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bucking Bronco

Power Door locks using oem parts?

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Could you use the passenger side actuator on the drivers side? The mounting holes and hole for actator rod is there. I know there cheap but this looks like less work :D and looks stock.
I'm going to the wrecker on tuesday to pick up a few parts and this is going on my list. So anyone done it :?: I'm installing an alarm so this may work out perfect :twisted:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

So I had no luck finding any Mx-3, or probes although I felt like I was going to be probed @ one place :lol:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Power Door locks using oem parts?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bucking Bronco wrote:Could you use the passenger side actuator on the drivers side? The mounting holes and hole for actator rod is there. I know there cheap but this looks like less work :D and looks stock.
I'm going to the wrecker on tuesday to pick up a few parts and this is going on my list. So anyone done it :?: I'm installing an alarm so this may work out perfect :twisted:
I've been thinking exactly that recently. A few weeks ago I replaced the passenger side latch on Kp2t's mx-3. And I took some door pics for Selecta last wek and was looking over them and got the same idea, espcialyl after doing my RHD door panel swap, but I was told a few years ago that it wasn't possible, but I'm having second thoughs and ideas now. I have an actuator custom mounted, so i can't try it, but I would definitely like to see tests.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Seeing how our cars came in the rhd and lhd variants I would assume it is possible, but probably not practical. The stock actuators are weak and were installed in the most inconvenient of locations. Aftermarket ones are cheap, much more powerful, and only take a few minutes to install using basic tools.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Aftermarket actuators are like $10. What the problem is?
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

I'm still going to try this.
Laker there's no problem, if I found the part it would be free :wink:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”