Duped by Tiger Japanese - BEWARE KLZE SHOPPERS!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Selecta wrote:
Heres a good place http://www.teknotik.com
They get thier stuff from Tiger
umm no they don't, i've actually seen there shipments come in...definitly not from Tiger
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

Anybody dealt with J-Spec in Montreal?? Members of the BBB. I'm thinking if I win this case with Tiger I will try them out - unless someone has a sure-fire garage that doesn't play games.

I finally got all my Tiger stuff together to send to Visa when a month is up, check out their ads -

Ebay Ad (they varified by e-mail that this was a definite ZE):
IMPORTED FROM JAPAN JDM KL ENGINE 626 V6/MX6 V6/ MX3 PROBE GT ENGINE ONLY DOHC 2.5L V6 24 VALVE 200HP/160LB torque @ 5000RPM
excellent swap for Ford Probe GT, Mazda 626 V6,MX6 V6/ MX3 Includes: Alternator,distributor,power steering pump, ETC.... APPROX. 60 000 KM (36 000 MILES) Automatic and 5 spd transmission not included but are available.

Tiger Japanese Website Ad that I ordered from:
IMPORTED FROM JAPAN: JDM KL ENGINE 626 V6/MX6 V6/ MX3 PROBE GT. DOHC 2.5L V6 24 VALVE, 200HP/160LB torque @ 5000RPM excellent swap for Ford Probe GT, Mazda 626 V6,MX6 V6/ MX3 Includes: Alternator,distributor,power steering pump, ETC.... APPROX. 60 000 KM (36 000 MILES). Automatic and 5 spd transmission not included but are available

Tiger Japanese Website Ad after I called them on the 200 hp DE engine:
IMPORTED FROM JAPAN: JDM KL ENGINE 626 V6/MX6 V6/ MX3 PROBE GT. DOHC 2.5L V6 24 VALVE, excellent swap for Ford Probe GT, Mazda 626 V6,MX6 V6/ MX3. Includes: Alternator,distributor,power steering pump, ETC....APPROX. 60 000 KM (36 000 MILES).

Where'd the HP go??? Called them on it and they came back with "did not change the because of your or other not be in problem, we only change in because of that we dont want to write those HP in the our adds to get a misunderstdanding. but see the JDM is still there. if you see all our add, is JDM we dont have any thing else whit out JDM"

Yet mysteriously the other engines still have HP ...

SERIOUSLY GUYS, DON'T DEAL WITH TIGER!!!
Damn cars!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Tell them they just lost their business with mx-3.com members.
all 10,000 of them :)
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

i agree, not that im in the market for a jdm engine, but i will NEVER buy from them.

Bochek
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Selecta wrote:
Quote:
Heres a good place http://www.teknotik.com

They get thier stuff from Tiger

umm no they don't, i've actually seen there shipments come in...definitly not from Tiger
When I was there getting mine done the owner of Teknotik (white bpt i think) or if not the owner some guy who works there came in and asked if they had a ZE...as he was out....but I had the last one.

I am not saying that Teknotik are scammers like Tiger but just that they sometimes pick up stuff from them..that's all..but definately not knocking Teknotik just to be clear.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Adding a forum section for trusted mechanics/parts stores etc might be a good idea - people could check up on a vendor by looking at one thread rather than searching and sifting through 100s of threads.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50261
But nobody seems to care .....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

So, seen as it's a long weekend and all I decided to have a better look at my 200 hp JDM KLDE engine :lol: I'm going through the check list of what's included with this engine and find that the alternator is non-existant. Wonder how they would respond to an e-mail on that one?? As it is they insist that I am the ONLY customer they have had a problem with ... ever.

I am 100% into the idea of having a forum to discuss good/bad shops. It will save EVERYONE alot of time and money. I have two bad shops to ad to that site once it's up and running :!:
Damn cars!!!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I'm not so sure you could really add Tiger as a bad shop.

More of a category of only buy if you can go into the shop and pick the one you want. Do not order online.

Maybe the categories for a new forum would be "Good In-person deal" [GID], "Good online deal [GOD], or "Bad Online deal" [BOD], or Bad In-person deal" [BID]

keep the forum to forum structure similar to that of the for sale forum so its easy to see what the majority of people think with an easy search of that forum.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

They have been known to prey on unsuspecting customers. A well versed customer is their worst enemy and you can come away with a good product if you have everything going for you. Of cousre those of us within close proximity are afforded the luxury to pick and choose like johnnyB. Although like Mike has mentioned, Ian was duped by them and was very forcefully manipulated by them and they were never really willing to admit their "supposed" mistake. They were quite indignant when I ( a casual passer by at the time - a role Ian and I concocked) had approached Ian in front of their eyes and slowly pointed out to him and them that he didn't have a ZE but rather a DE engine. They were very hostile towards me from then on in. They didn't like my interjection into their matters since it made them appear at fault - which they were. I'm glad they didn't quite remember my face 6 months later when i returned to buy a KL tranny ( but actually looking for an LSD one) and I picked through about 4 or 5 ZE MTX's until I took the one I wanted.
I know most of this is mute but for anyone elase that reads this thread and is planning on a ZE purchase, they are a good place to sort one but it is highly recommended that you don't go alone or have one of the Toronto members go with you. Be completely aware of the specifics that identify a ZE and don't be cornered into anything you don't want. They tend not to be as intimidating when you are in pairs. Spinkx79 and myself went a few months ago when we picked up my LSD tranny.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

I don't know if I would buy from them if it was my last resort! My K8 died just before the weekend so I had no choice but to put the DE in. Upon first observation there was no alternator as advertised. Not a huge deal, just strap on the one from my K8. Straighten out the throttle that is bent to sh**. Put the engine in and it won't spark. What could it be?? Well turns out it was the busted distributor. Get all that straightened out and get the car fired up - thing ticks like a son of a bi***.

So far Tiger has given me:
1) The wrong engine - parts of which are bent and damaged
2) No alternator
3) A busted distributor
4) An engine that ticks like it has never seen oil

I could have seen the alternator was missing and that parts were damaged when I bought it, but the distributor and ticking were not visible - now, had I lived in Ontario I could have gone back and complained, would they have done anything? Probably not. That's the kind of company they are.

Deal with them if you like but why support a company that you cannot trust or deal with?

Makes no sense to me.
Damn cars!!!
jbruynson

Post by jbruynson »

I was planning on buying from these guys.

Which did you actually purchase?
The "KL" for $700
http://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_in ... cts_id=114

or the "KLZE" for $890
http://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_in ... cts_id=115
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

Long story ... we bought the KL for $700 because it matched their EBay ad and they confirmed it was a ZE. although their website ad used to read 200 hp 165 ft lbs of torque. they changed that after we pointed the klde is not rated at those numbers. I would avoid buying from them if i were you.
Damn cars!!!
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Or like someone said...go to the store and pick up exactly what you want...and avoid the e-store completely
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

That would be better for sure. Just make sure you know the head codes so you know what you are looking at
Damn cars!!!
chertel

Post by chertel »

I was concidering buying from them online, not anymore. If you buy a 2.5klze thats what you should get not a klde because they almost look the same to someone who doesnt know any better. Tiger is taking advantage of people, paying customers which isnt right. If they need to make more money they should charge more for the engines they sell not pass off klde's for klze's, thats not right. It sucks that you have to check engine codes to make sure its a klze. How could any shop knowingly do this? Shops usually feed off of reputation and word of mouth and this gives them a bad rep and looses them customers from the mx-3.com members who read this post. I am one-$890 us tiger lost that they would have made from me gone because they ripped someone on here off and didnt fix the situation. Just my opinion, I came across this post because I need a klze right away because my k8 is almost dead. Anyway, I hate to hear of this kind of thing happening to anyone because I always think of how I would feel if it happened to me.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”