shouldi pick up this mx3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
tothemax

shouldi pick up this mx3

Post by tothemax »

there is a 93 mx3 gs in my area that is going for 1900 canadian, it has no rust only 167xxx km's and came from out west. the only problem is its an automatic and has a bit of cosmetic damage around one of the headlights nothing major though. the main problem is its an auto and i want a 5 speed, do u think is worth picking up?
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

I drove an auto when I was looking for a car for my sister ... she wanted 5 speed as well. Those cars rip (at least the one I drove did) . It felt balzier than my 5 speed and best of all you don't have to wait until you get into the 4000 rpm range before it really starts moving. However my friend who works on transmissions said the automatic transmissions are garbage in the automatic MX-3's. Sounds like a good price though, I paid $3000 CDN for my car with 230,000 k's last year and at the time that was good deal.
Damn cars!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

For that price, i'd pick it up. Than when you find a 5spd GS keep the automatic around for spare parts. Or sell it
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
tothemax

Post by tothemax »

i was thinking i could do a conversion and make it a 5 speed. im going to have around a1000 bucks left over after if i buy the car since im getting it for a pretty good price. im not to good at cars tho so how much would u say it might cost me to get a tranny swap done by someone and parts and such?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

where do you live? that would also depend on how easy it will be to find parts to do the swap
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Just wait until you find one that already has a 5 speed in it. Why waste $1000 for a tranny swap? Be patient and you'll find the right deal.
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

I bought my 96 GS 5 speed two weeks ago for $1500. It has 198,000 kms, but no rust and very, very clean. Distributor is conking out, but that should be fixed soon.

Here's a good deal on a 5 speed....

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp ... ory=&CAT=1
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.
92 Mazda 323 - winter beater

mx3 by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”