Hatch issue...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Legato626

Hatch issue...

Post by Legato626 »

OK when I was putting in my strut bar blah blah everything is going great. Now when I got my car out MY HATCH WONT OPEN!! when I pull the lever it wont move its like jammed! What you think this could be from?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
HB2k

Post by HB2k »

mabye ur cable is to lose coming from handle? and when u pull it the latch doesnt just open u need to manually pull it up. basically it just unlocks it.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

thats the weird part. I cannot pull it it fells like its jammed up on somthing.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If your strut bar is too tight it will acutally hold the frame in a bent position and cock the hatch. You need to manually open the hatch by having someone pull the lever while you pull up on the hatch. (gently by both) You may need to press the hatch down and have them pull or some variation to get the hatch to quit pressing on the latch so that it can open. Then with it open you need to adjust the strut bar where it falls over the bolts. No twisting or anything other than a straight shot.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

hmmm why would the strut bar do anything thing tho. Its not connected to anything dealing with the hatch. But thats one thing I will look at tho because it did it after we put it in. I am going to pop it and see if the hatch poper will move. If it does I will losen the bar and see what happens.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

shanetb

Hatch

Post by shanetb »

I had the same problem, I used a window ice scrapped to wedge the lever open while I pulled the hatch open. The struts are just bad
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Beacuse like I said, if the bar is too tight it will pull the body of the car crooked and and the hatch latch will grab crooked on the lock. If it is crooked it is binding in the lock and the lock cannot move to le the hatch loose.

Should be a easy fix once you get the hatch open. Try loosening it a bit and then retighten slowly as you try the hatch again each time. When the hatch starts to stic kagain loosen a turn and tighten it down.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”