Pics of my red tails

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
bulaian

Pics of my red tails

Post by bulaian »

I used transparent candy red like some other people recommended on here... 3 coats and then 3 coats of clear coat.

Here's what they look like on the car:

with flash:

and I was bored so i took a video with the driver's side with the original lights and the passenger side with the all red, in case someone wanted to see the difference:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/ungb/ ... andred.AVI

and a video of both lights all red:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/ungb/mx3/red.AVI
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

They came out pretty nice. I like! Good work man!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

those are the best taillights for an mx imo

and it only costs a few bucks :2thumbsup:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Neil

Post by Neil »

looks good, you should take some pictures during the day. ive actually been thinking about switching back to stock tails and doing something along these lines.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

thats spot on what i did and i agree its the best looking tail lights for the mx-3.

the only problem i had is that over here in the uk, you can get on the spot fines for tail lights that dont flash orange, dull tail lights from over tinting etc.

I tried clear bulbs ( flashed pink ) tried orange bulbs ( kinda purple !!) then tried a set of ultra ultra bright orange led bulbs, and bingo shines through orange !! passes the yearly vehicle inpsection ( MOT ) with no problems.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
bulaian

Post by bulaian »

Neil wrote:looks good, you should take some pictures during the day. ive actually been thinking about switching back to stock tails and doing something along these lines.
lol these are your tail lights i bought from you ;)

I'll try to get some pics today after I'm done work or tomorrow.
Neil

Post by Neil »

bulaian wrote:
Neil wrote:looks good, you should take some pictures during the day. ive actually been thinking about switching back to stock tails and doing something along these lines.
lol these are your tail lights i bought from you ;)

I'll try to get some pics today after I'm done work or tomorrow.
Just goes to show how great my memory is. I'll be salvaging more parts this year hopefully so maybe i'll get myself a pair to play with.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Nice job, looks really good.

What was the name and manufacturer of the paint you used? Also did you just paint the aamber area or did you paint the whole red area too?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

What color does it flash?

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”