New problem just surfaced....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jbruynson

New problem just surfaced....

Post by jbruynson »

As I slowly gather parts for the ZE swap, I still have to live with the good old k8 for a little longer.

About a week ago I was coming to a red light and as I slowed down car just shuts off.

About another week later it happened again, slowly it was happening more frequently, but now I can barely keep it from stalling when I'm slowing down to a stop. This happens everytime unless I play with the gas too.

The idle will drop down like normal but once it get to around 600-700 it drops quickly down to 0, sometimes it bounces back up, sometimes instantly shuts off.

It's really really annoying and quite dangerous too. Its happened in the middle of intersections on left turns...

Any help would be appreciated. I have no clue how i'd search for a problem like this...

No idea if it'll be related, but I've had coolant issues for a long time now, supposively no leaks in the system, but the reseviour won't hold coolant. It goes through oil quite quickly too, but I think thats fairly common with these engines.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

vacum leak maybe? or if you car just turn your ideal screw up to like 1000 and just wait till you get your ZE.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Sounds like a vacuum leak.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd say vaccum leak too. Check the main intake tube first, it is the most likely culprit.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

That exact thing happened to me a long time ago. My air filter hose had a slight crack in the ribs and it got bigger with time. I replaced it for $75 brand new from the dealer so that I was guaranteed not to have cracks. While your car is running feel around for air being sucked around the hose while squeezing around it. If you squeeze and the car dies, there is most likely a crack in there somewhere.
It could be something else like what the others are saying but, I suggest you start there cause it's easiest to check and can be easily remedied temporarily with some strong tape until you replace it.

Jay
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

vacuum leak, replace stock crap rubber with intake piping
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”