A few things Im thinking of getting

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3sohc

A few things Im thinking of getting

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

Im thinking of getting a Voltage stabilizer kit and/or a ground kit what will each do for me and will i notice it, i was also thinking about going with a feul pressure regulator with the dial on it. how hard is that to instal and will i notice it. thank you.

[Admin:Stop using ALL CAPS in subjects!]
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

The fuel pressure regulator will be a waste of time, and from the way it sounds a voltage stablizier kit would be too.

Doing ground wires though tends to give good benefits to both power band and fuel economy. Its one of the things that is worth doing and can be done on your own cheaply.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

they said the same things on the other 2, good fuel economy, power band more tourque and hp stuff like that.
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

you wont get anything out of those adjustments up front. get an air intake, and a whole new exhaust. or just get your chip modded. or do it all.

those three things will probably give you the most "oompf" off a stock car
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:they said the same things on the other 2, good fuel economy, power band more tourque and hp stuff like that.

Simply put most people dont know a lot about what they are talking about.
The FPR (fuel pressure regulator) helps regulate the fuel presser at the fuel rail, it drops the fuel pressure at the lower end of the power band resulting in the injectors having to be open longer. This might sound bad but it allows for better attomization of fuel. There are applications where you can use one to get gains(ie Nitrous) but for the most part you dont need to do this.

I have seen (and done) dynos of before and after where upgraded ground wires have posted gains. They can be made on your own for about 25$ and all of the parts were avilable at my local autoparts store (O rielys).
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i have a cold air intake and exhaust, my car has quite a bit. didnt notice too too much of a gain but deffinetely something like maybe 15hp tops. and for the record i can get a HKS™ grounding kit for about 8 bucks. i love ebay. anyone know how this will help? or any small things that will help?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

its not really a HKS gound kit its a gound KIT but not a gunine HKS these retail for over a $100. U'll see when u get ur package but they work just fine. had one on my 93 SOHC.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

what exactly will it do for me? will it solve my ac problem, the rpm and loudness when i turn on my ac? oh and how does it work wheres the circle thing go and where do all the grounds go?
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

you intake/exhaust will meannothing if you still have stock headers or cat or muffler

just saying you got ot take it all out
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i got an intake and muffler. it meant something, im getting a header, catback, and high flow converter in the future. thank yah
Cy

Post by Cy »

you want more power... don't waste your money on that tired motor...

bp swap.. then turbo when you have more money...
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

no thanks on the bp, i will stick with what i have. i can turbo this just fine. i dont wanna have what everyone else has. if im dumping all my money into it whether its a crappy engine or not i will bring it up to be fast and unique.
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

A groung kit will help with the idle and AC a little but most of what ur talking about is caused from the crappy stock alternator. I have the same problem myself with the idle and the AC. Like everyone else has said the best place to start is with the intake and exhaust. More air in + more fuel + more air out = More HP. invest like 10.00$ us and get an air filter put on the end of your Mass air flow sensor. That will give you the most bang for the buck. Racing mazda has a turbo kit for the SOHC for 2000.00$ Everything you need to get some decent HP. Good Luck!
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

thanks modmx3, however i already have a cold air intake and exhaust. i dont know if my alternator is stock but im thinking of grabbing another one. what will i need for the 90 amp. any autozone part numbers? or advanced autoparts(only car stores here)
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Not sure of part numbers but if you ask for the alternator from the GS (v6) - (same year as yours) its a direct fit. but you will have to swap the pullys. I also belive that you can get a maxima 110 amp one too but the connectors are different, so you would have to rewire.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”