whats wrong with my tranny ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

jschrauwen wrote:Don't know what to say Joe. Noise from there when at low speed is always something related to outer CV joint - usually. Since your's (axles)are replaced, It's hard to figure out. Is this an MX3 tranny that's mated to the DE? I hope you didn't get a lunched tranny and spend all that cash on other items needlessly. That would hurt.
low speed is silent, its higher speed right turn noise, also accel and decel noise (now that it is worse) when i take my foot of the gas and just coast its really bad

yes it is an mx3 tranny mated to my DE, same tranny i had on my k8, I drove with the problem last summer because it wasnt as bad, (since i never really figured it out) progressivly gotten worse to the point i cant drive it

It seems to me now, i did get a lunched tranny, but this is how i see it, when this problem is over and done, my entire front end will be brand new, LOL
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Well atleast you found your problem, chunks of metal arent good :roll:
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Cy

Post by Cy »

great thing about most used cars....

after a few years of ownership... they're newer then when you baught them...
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Looks like im in for a few hours of fun this week, i get to pull my tranny :roll:

now the question is, will it be cheaper/better to have it repaired or source another used trans and risk getting played like a fool :x again
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”