M.S.D wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
oh-hell

M.S.D wiring

Post by oh-hell »

can anyont tell me how to hook uo the msd boy in my 92 mx3gl 1.8v6? its not the disty its a rectangle box. my nos guy is confused.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Isn't that the HEI mod basically? (I could b wrong cuz i havn't done it yet)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: M.S.D wiring

Post by babyblueMX3 »

oh-hell wrote:can anyont tell me how to hook uo the msd boy in my 92 mx3gl 1.8v6? its not the disty its a rectangle box. my nos guy is confused.
do you have more detail ? are you using the external coil too ? what disty is used ? what version are you using ?
and your mx-3 is GS not GL

in your sig it says that you're turboed and using nitrous, got details on your set-up ? pics maybe ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

my msd is a boost timing master part number 5462. im using the stock disty with no external coils. am i going the wrong direction? oh and sorry i keep calling it a gl i screw that up all the time. also my nos guy says he wants to put my turbo near the trunk, anyone done that b4?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

oh-hell wrote:my msd is a boost timing master part number 5462. im using the stock disty with no external coils. am i going the wrong direction? oh and sorry i keep calling it a gl i screw that up all the time. also my nos guy says he wants to put my turbo near the trunk, anyone done that b4?
so putting mod in your sig that aren't on the car hey ;) just playing with ya.
nobody on here as done the rear mount turbo thing yet.
Think about the long a-- charge pipe :shock:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

so any help with the msd wiring?
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

Not trying to be a d--- 8) but if your mechanic cant hook it up go to another mechanic. It might cost more but atleast its hooked up right.

I'd like to see some pics of your car. As for the turbo why mount it back there? There's plenty of room under the hood.
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

the turbo lag would be jynormous

Bochek
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

Good point about turbo lag. As far as turbo placement i can see where to put it beacuse of the automatic tranny shift lines. Your not being a penise but i payed the guy $2500.00us in advance to do a turbo job an a 93 probe gt and i waited for 5 weeks on parts that never showed up and im using him just to try to get my $'s worth out of him between both cars. He says he is unable to provide a refund and their is nothing i can do. OH and by the way im in idaho but near canada. i see alot of mx3 people not to far from me!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”