Poll: What do you guys do for a living?

Off-Topic Discussions
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i do whatever my boss tells our customers we can.....

our company services the tech in McDonalds

i personally:
-bilingual tech support
-on-site tech service across canada
-POS system installs, upgrades and replacements
-Camera system installs and service
-in-shop repair
-cable manufactuer
-technical writting
-etc...
Macen

Post by Macen »

jschrauwen wrote:Can you hear me now?.............
What? Say again. :P
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I work in the Oil and Gas industry in Canada.

We supply you yankees with Oil
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Talon_66 wrote:I work in the Oil and Gas industry in Canada.

We supply you yankees with Oil
Thank GAWD! Ya know we can't ever get enough of that stuff to keep all the fatass monster SUV drivers down here happy..
Image -Jim
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is aweful how many times I see ONE person in an SUV. Why have the damn thing if you drive so much with only one person.

Hell, my Dad is one of them. He owns a Ford Expidition and drives it alone all the time. He needs it cause I have two little Bros at home still that have a ton of friends. He could/should drive his Miata when he is alone though. :roll:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

if everyboyd had mx-3's and miata's, the world woudl be a better place.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I work for dish network sattelite tv provider un cancellations dep :twisted:
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
gregair13

Post by gregair13 »

i am still going to school but in the summer i would for the government and with the disabled
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

By day, I work as an IT Systems Administrator at a Technology College in London.

By night, I morph into a UFO and fly around this backwater Planet, carrying out the scheduled Top Secret missions of my Alien Overlords - basically trying to prevent the human race from exterminating itself.

Thankless work since I usually get chased a lot by primitive human aerial vehicles fitted with puny weapons, who insist on trying to shoot me down.
Thanks for nothing, humans!

Thankfully, I have to return home and assume human form by dawn.

Once again, by day, I work as an IT Systems Administrator......

:roll:

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

I've got the best job in the world.

I deliver pizzas. With my own car. Life is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Vroooom
kudkudniyog

Post by kudkudniyog »

Thunderstorm wrote:By day, I work as an IT Systems Administrator at a Technology College in London.

By night, I morph into a UFO and fly around this backwater Planet, carrying out the scheduled Top Secret missions of my Alien Overlords - basically trying to prevent the human race from exterminating itself.

Thankless work since I usually get chased a lot by primitive human aerial vehicles fitted with puny weapons, who insist on trying to shoot me down.
Thanks for nothing, humans!

Thankfully, I have to return home and assume human form by dawn.

Once again, by day, I work as an IT Systems Administrator......

:roll:

Thunderstorm

That's deep man
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I used to do Frech tech support for Microsoft consumer products (Windows 98-XP, Office, Games, Keyboards and Mice and Networking products) . I did it for over a year until i got laid off in February for 3 weeks...fortunately the hiring agency was able to transfer me to the Microsoft Exchange support, in which I have no background or prior knowledge in Exchange or Active Directory. I'm currently in the 4th week of 6 for training..it's rough but I'm managing.
Well, I might as well update this, but the day before the final test, they pulled me to the side, told me I didn't grasp it enough and laid me off. I was out of work for over 2 months and had to move back with my parents since I couldn't afford to stay at my appartement. But I got a job with my best friend, they do installs in vehicles, cops cars and other government vehicles. Do the installs of the radios, antenna, strobes and such. I'm really liking it. I never really wanted a desk job, and technician jobs are hard to find and/or don't pay well. Although I make less money, I don't have to pay rent, or food, we drive the company trucks even for personal use (although I can't drive since I'm not covered under the insurance yet) and the company even pays for gas. The only thing that comes out of my pocket is personal expenses, which at this point is minimal. We are also scheduled for 50hours a week, but we haven't had enough cars a day to keep us that busy, but if we work that much, I'll be making more than at my old job, even tho I'm technically making $3 less an hour, but I think I dropped a tax bracket as well.

The current project we're working on is in Virginia, which is guestimated to last 4-6 months. Unfortunately I don't have my mx-3 down here. It's a good change, I really enjoy working with my hands, and not sitting on my a-- for 8 hours a day.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Poll: What do you guys do for a living?

Post by cjthor »

cjthor wrote:I work at a BMW dealership in the bay area. Yeah yeah I am a car salesman but I work over the internet so its not like I have to go searching for customers. They find me! :D ;)
Yup might as well update mine as well..I now work at a MINI Cooper dealer in Portland Oregon. Havin a blast sellin a kick azz car!! Also keeps my mx goin faster and faster.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Let's revive this!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Jiggsaw

Post by Jiggsaw »

I deliver pizzas, i get paid to drive my mx3 :D
1992 Mx-3 GS White
1980 Spyder Monza(Torn Apart ATM)

Return to “Off-Topic”