automatic turn signals

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
madLyrical

automatic turn signals

Post by madLyrical »

why does everytime i turn my wheel, whether im not moving, reversing or actually making a turn, my turn signals come on automatically.. im assuming its not supposed to do that because its quite annoying, my bad if its been posted, i gave the search a quick look over just so i could say i did :)
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

no ideas?
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

the only thing i can think of is u must really have huge hands
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
den

Post by den »

This was asked many times including myself. Anyway, heres the trick..

Sit and put both of your feet on the floor then hold the steering wheel firmly and pull it towards you. Then test drive it if its not fixed, do it again with a little more powerful pull.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

thanks den, good lookin out, im sure ill be back with plenty more questions that have been asked that i barely searched for :)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

LOL, funny answer/fix. That might do it, but the REAL fix would be to take the column cover off and the horn out. Then mark the steering wheel and hte steering column with a thin point sharpie. Then take the big nut off the steering wheel. Take the wheel off and lube the blinker switch with a tad of lithium grease. Then reinstall the wheel making sure to line your marks back up. Install the horn and column shroud. Check to make sure it is working properly.
It is just a lack of grease on the switch and it gets caught as the wheel move past it.
I had that problem some years ago b/c of a temper tantrum where I punched the wheel. I actually bent the wheel and had to bend it back, but I doubt that is your problem. If so then the set yourself and pull is a decent answer. :lol:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
den

Post by den »

Pulling worked for us. :D Patdiesel, you bent your steering wheel? Oh you must be really angry then? Poor MX3... That's car abuse! hehehe!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

yea pulling worked for me too, gave it a nice tug right when i remembered at that red light :)
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

den wrote:This was asked many times including myself. Anyway, heres the trick..

Sit and put both of your feet on the floor then hold the steering wheel firmly and pull it towards you. Then test drive it if its not fixed, do it again with a little more powerful pull.
Thats gotta be one of the best fixes ever!

Not only is it cheap and easy, you also don't need any tools!

Well done den, these are the sort of fixes I like! :lol:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, I was pretty pissed off. I had just ruined my 3rd FX bumper (at about 500 bucks a pop) by running over a 3' cone that a SUV in front of me hit and flipped back at me.

I got out later and found that my bumper was hanging on like a 3rd graders front tooth. I then proceeded to throw the map at my then 3 month GF who thought she was in big trouble (on a road trip with a guy she barely knew and obvoiusly shouldn't be with since he is flipping out like a fruit loop). We laugh about it all the time now. (6 years later)
Oh, she also didn't tell her parents she was going with me to Florida b/c she knew they wouldn't approve. I didn't know she fooled them untill she was telling me later about who she was more scared of me or telling her parents she was in Florida and had lied to them and needed a ride home away from the fruit loop guy she had gone with. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Super funny and a good cause in book book for car abuse. (just so that I don't get booted from the forum for abusing an MX-3, that was truely the one and only time I have ever beaten my car)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

that was truely the one and only time I have ever beaten my car
I'd hope so.... poor thing... next time take it out on that SUV that deserved it :x
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

Hoodzy wrote:the only thing i can think of is u must really have huge hands
lol

Great fix!, I've had the Auto-turn signal mod for quite some time now. :wink: guess I'll have to get in the habit of hitting it myself now.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”