Aftermarket muffler

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
markbrad

Aftermarket muffler

Post by markbrad »

My son wants to add a "hot" muffler. Does anyone have any experience adding just a (Ebay?) muffler for looks and sound? The car is a 1994 1.6.
The standard setup looks the final piece is a flanged exhaust pipe and muffler in one assembly. Do I cutoff the old muffler and add a 2 1/4" inlet replacement?
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Or cut off the flanges and weld them together.
Juggalomastaxx

Post by Juggalomastaxx »

Cat back is WAY better then just the muffler add on. It'll give it more of a deeper sound then that annoying pos honda sound. lol and for the most part cat back you might not have to weld anything together. just bolt on and there you go. just look on ebay for a sohc or a dohc 1.6L
alex3ohio

Post by alex3ohio »

Yeah there's alot of company's that make cat-back exhaust and they're not too bad in price. More power. Add a new intake too he'll be pleased
markbrad

Post by markbrad »

Can you point me to a source? All I see is Pacesetter for SOHC 1.6L.
tallymx3

Post by tallymx3 »

Toucan has one for the 1.6l sohc its part # MTP361
1992 WHITE 1.6l SOHC saving for a BPT swap next year, New interior next month, and new Paint Hooray
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

just for the credit i found the toucan ractive catback. i dont work at that place anymore cuz i moved and such, i bought an ebay muffler for 8 bucks its pretty nice except without the silencer the decibles are way up there and i need to dynomat like my whole trunk. go catback, do not get pacesetter.
markbrad

Post by markbrad »

I should have said that all I found was a Pacesetter for a 1.6 SOHC. We a have a 1992 1.6 DOHC. Any difference in the exhaust systems?
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

they didnt make the dual over head cam until 94....if its a 92 someone swapped the motor out if it is the motor that goes to 94+ i think it would still fit but im telling you dont go pacesetter it sucks, it sounds bad and they rought out easily (i dont know how to spell) go for the toucan ractive catback

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”