Millenia Vs. J-spec KL-ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JYOUNYA1

Millenia Vs. J-spec KL-ZE

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I hear that the Millenia engine is somehere at like 165hp, and the j-spec KL-ZE is at 200hp...what is it, in the Millenia engine that loses those extra 40 horses the KLZE has?
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

http://www.geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html

40 hp makes them sound further apart then reality, took at torque too, 165 to 160
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

40 horses is alot of power though, is there a signifcant difference in the feel of power between the KLDE and the KLZE? I have driven a 200hp prelude and the tires will chirp once second gear is engaged...when I try this with what I think is a K8(when I bought the car the owner did a engine swap prior to me buying the car), it seems like it lags...And I just put a brand new clutch, driveshafts, and transmission mounts. I want that power...can a KLDE or a KLZE do this?
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

with a good clutch sure, either one will

all you need to know is, most stock DE's dyno 145-150whp and ze's 160-165 whp... maybe they both respond slightly different to mods it depends mostly on the condition of the engine
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Thanks alot man...I am looking into doing an engine swap, and didnt know whether to go ZE, or DE. I have found that DE's are less expsensive than the ZE's.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

I can tell you that if you plan on running boost and don't want to spend a lot of money your best bet would be the DE. A ze can only hold around 7 psi on stock internals whereas a de can hold around 12 -14. So for the horse it would bring them to being similar with one at 7 and the other at 14 but you would have spent less money on the de. Unless money is no object and you planned to go high horse then I would aim for the ze and upgrade the internals.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Millenia Vs. J-spec KL-ZE

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:I hear that the Millenia engine is somehere at like 165hp, and the j-spec KL-ZE is at 200hp...what is it, in the Millenia engine that loses those extra 40 horses the KLZE has?
You can get a Millenia KLZE
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im at around 170 :) feels WAY better than the k8 BUT zeis the way to go :D cant wait..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I mean I found a millenia k-series engine at a junk yard, and it's relatively cheap...like under $300...I really dont knwo the conditions of it...and there is this guy about 20 miles form me that has a 1997 626 KLDE fror $600...hsould I bute the 300-600 or save up for teh KLZE...in which I can get for about $1100 shipped.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:I hear that the Millenia engine is somehere at like 165hp, and the j-spec KL-ZE is at 200hp...what is it, in the Millenia engine that loses those extra 40 horses the KLZE has?
i dont mean to be rude but you've been here for about 3 years and you still havent learned to search?

cams
pistons
heads
intake manifold
ecu

are all different
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

you do mean to be rude or you wouldn't have said that oxymoron. I actually have searched and nothing exactly came up with a complete answer that I was looking for(I would have probably have to look for an hour just to get back to where I started)...I appreciate your input though. Some of you guys kill me with this "please search"...that search thing sucks...I put in "A/C" and nothing comes up..I trying "conditioning", "conditioner", and nothing pertinent to what I am looking for comes up...Just answer the persons question or don't answer it...I mean I can understand if someone wrote a book on a certain topic,and gets upset when they see a question that they have already answered...how hard is it to reanswer the question, or point them to the forum...if I were you, and you were I would have simply answered the question or directed you to a forum that would give e more than enough info...like JWMX3 did for me with the first reply, that was awesome of him...anyway, thanks for the info...i am not iggy at you, just wanted to be heard...now if I see someone asking the same question, I can direct them to this forum.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

It's pretty simple. What are you looking for? If you want more power for less $$, go with the DE with boost. If you don't want to mess with NOS, then go with a ZE. If you don't see yourself owning this car for more than 2 years, go with the DE.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Steeb wrote:
i dont mean to be rude but you've been here for about 3 years and you still havent learned to search?

cams
pistons
heads
intake manifold
ecu

are all different
Which all basically equals lower compression. :)
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

just to clarify.. lower compression on the DE's
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Lower compression,....Hmmm...it may take longer for me to get, but I think I am gonna go ZE...more of a sleeper look in the engine bay, and wont need all the piping and hoses for a turbo, or super charger...the average person won't expect a MX-3 to peel the way a KLZE does, if I take it to a track. Plus I would still would want a ZE even if I went DE. I have my name with this guy Greenville,NC who calls me everytime he gets a KLZE in from Japan...he sells them compression tested, and cleaned for $1,130, but i have to pick it up...is that a decent price?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”