Local manufacture has made CF cargo covers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Yoda

Local manufacture has made CF cargo covers

Post by Yoda »

I had to make a run over to the shop that makes GRP componants for us. I noticed a mold with a familiar shape. Asking a few questions it seems that one of the kids working there made the mold and they made 10 Carbon fiber hatch covers for the MX-3 for some guys in Quebec. Unfortunately they will not make anymore until the shortage of carbon fiber has been resolved and or they have a break in production of aircraft componants and other industrial parts they are manufacturing which will be sometime in mid 2007 are the earliest unless more big contracts come in them it sould be pushed back even farther.
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

no way of placin a large order from members of the board? or at the least bombard them with emails?
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

How about asking them if they want to sell the mold..
Then get Pakfiefer to make them.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd still take two from you Pat ;) Your not gonna get outta it so easy ;) LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

pics? and i'd be down for one!1
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Ok, So I have a compression type hatch cover mold that I'd sell...

Geesh, Tunes take it easy. I'm getting old and can't work all that fast anymore. Plus I seem to start seeing things after I huff the fiberglass resin fumes for a few hours. :freak:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Im interested
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

maybe we should bombard oscar :) I think its obvious that everyone wants one by now :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

maybe we should bombard oscar :) I think its obvious that everyone wants one by now :)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

dudu, dudu...
Do I hear an echo in here :lol:
Brian you should know how to not double post by now :lol: :roll:

Interested in what MitMax? Buying my mold or buying a CF hatch cover?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

what you talking about masa P that was the idea :) Some people crave more cowbell some people crave carbonfiber rear hatch cover.

that didnt make any since but i dont care its 1030 and i have been to bed yet

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I can only see a CF cargo cover being as costly as a OEM replacement from mazda.. I'd rather have Pat's fiberglass ones.. $125 is a fair price and I cant see anyone producing a CF one for that :(

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

*buys a roll of Carbon Fiber looking Contact Paper* aight lets go to work... :lol: u didnt say real CF tunes.... lol... hey pat.... is it possible to glass the oem one... i can get one but it has a small crack
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

huh? Glass the OEM one? Mine are 100% fiber glass.
Do you mean putting fiberglass over a OEM one to reinforce it? I'd bet not since it would be too thick to sit down properly then. Or one layer of fiberglass might fit, but it wouldn't stregnthen it enought to make much difference. Also I doubt the fiberglass would stick very well if only on one side and would eventully seperate from the stock unit.
If you need more info on what I have then visit http://www.atltantamx3.com/mocaforum I have a small section that explains what I have to offer.
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

maybe http://www.compositesfab.com/ would be interested to make these. They made a cargo cover for Probes.

I'm down for one if it gets made.
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember

Return to “Appearance”