read this and offer some input please!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ateana

read this and offer some input please!

Post by Ateana »

Ok so im driving over a speed bump clutch in car stalls out or im slowing down clutch in at a stop light the CEL comes on and the idle is screwy.... Im turning into timmies drivethrough push the clutch in car dies kinda I hit the gas and it jumps back to life... power is down and I pulled a Code 16 off the ECU (1 long flash 6 short flashes) thats the EGR code i Believe. now things I know that are screwy my TPS has never been properly adjusted (however never a problem b4) and my cranksensor (down by the pulleys) maybe a little damaged. and there is almost a grinding - more like a rattling sound in any gear when the engine is at exactly 2500 rpms it sounds worse on a decelleration then accel. and it almost looks like my crank pulley has too much play (but i cant really tell by looking down the side (vary narrow space) I want some suggestions as to how to proceed. Im running what I believe is a KLDE with a kl-02 MAF/VAF and a KL01 ECU (might have that backwards forgive me)
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

Hrmm vacuum lines reversed on VRIS 2 thats odd.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

The same thing happened to me two months ago...I was driving, turned a corner in which I depressed the clutch and then engaged....it struggled and then powered back to normal...the next corning it decided cut off...I tried everything, from checking intake, vaccum hoses...etc...and found out it was a bad coil in the disty. Check you disty...it may be the colprit.
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Well first I would fix that vac issue and also set the tps....here
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47561
Then I would report back since you would have narrowed the problem down a bit. Also check your intake system for cracks or leaks. This is very common and would cause the stall like symtoms
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”