Calgary MXer?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Calgary MXer?

Post by Franko »

So Im walking across the parking lot today, and I see a guy I know changing a wheel bearing on some acura so I stop to talk to him. The guy who owns the acura says "Are you the guy with the mx-3?" and Im like "Yeah" Then he said "I have a buddy up in calgary who has almost the exact same thing done.. " "Ohh yeah?" I said, Then hes like "Yeah, JDM engine, 'stage 3' turbo, hks blow off valve and he has the whole front end converted to the protege 5 front end with a wide body kit."
Ok yeah sure.. 'stage three' What the hell does that even mean? do you know? Tell me what turbo hes using.. I want to know A/R ratios damn it! Its one of those things where youre talking to a person and you just feel like they are making it up on the spot. I should have tried to outwit him with my superior knowledge on the subject.
Has anyone heard of someone with a front end conversion on an mx-3 of a protege 5? I dont think this dude knows what hes talking about. The general chit chat seemed like he read it out of a magazine or something and was trying to be 'cool'.

Anyone know?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Saucy

Post by Saucy »

lol the guy prolly got the turbo off ebay that said stage 3 so thats all he knows about it and tells eveyrone I got a stage 3 turbo, and could have hte p5 front bumper and tells everyone i have a p5 conversion ... who knows, what did the guys integra look like ? was it stock? maybe he doesnt know a lot about cars so just goes along with whatever the mx'er says??? lol
93 323- BP swap,Pacesetter header,magnaflow,highflow cat, pacesetter catback,Rx7vaf+filter, Adv timing, Fidanza Adj camgears, GTx front bumper, EGT side skirts, Espec headlights, LED upper spoiler, GTR midwing, familia rear garnish, Mx3 carpet +all seats,
92-mx3 gs
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

It was one of those acura vigors. Had nothing done to it or anything... Hmm
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
rece

Post by rece »

actually there is a guy here in calgary that has a p5 light conversion and sortya widebody kit... his name is a55 hole... i mean Chris Lomenda and as far as i know he sold his car. it had a GTR engine and was quite modified but he is a lier and a scammer and i wouldnt give him the time of day. there were pics posted not too long ago of the car and it is fast as hell
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Really! Im intrested.. Can you see if you can find a pic of it for me?
I dont know about the Stage 3 turbo though..

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”