Keyless Entry/Locks question

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Keyless Entry/Locks question

Post by Jovian2k »

My friend has installed a Viper Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry on my car. He has the remote start working like a charm and the alarm works just fine. He was having trouble on the locks though because he tried to figure out what type of locks they are and now they don't work (the passenger side usually locks with the drivers but now I have to lock them both individually). He was wondering if they are three wire locks or two wire or how they work basically.
anyone know how the locks work or installed a keyless entry and can help me out?
(sorry I do not know how to install myself I am merely translating from my friend so bear with my vagueness :wink: )
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The diagram is here, Figure 10, grid position A36-37

http://eunos30x.com/info/1993%20Wiring%20Diagrams.pdf
and
http://eunos30x.com/info/1995%20Wiring%20Diagrams.pdf about 2/3rds down.

Hope that helps.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

If your car has stock power locks - then you need an actuator for the driver door for keyless entry.

My understanding is that - The stock system has an actuator for the passenger door and only a switch on the driver side - so when you lock the driver side the switch gets pushed which in turn activates the actuator on the pass. side and locks that door. If you want the driver door to lock/unlock with the keyless entry system you have to actually hook up an actuator to the lock mechanism and wire it to the keyless entry unit.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

^^ exactly, it's a semi-pseudo central locking system. Cheap bastards couldn't add a $3 actuator to the damn drivers door.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
den

Post by den »

Yup. I had to add an actuator on driver side door when I installed my remote starter to get keyless entry. BTW you will need 2 relays as well.

Here's the diagram.

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Re: Keyless Entry/Locks question

Post by Jovian2k »

Any picture of the placement of the driver's side actuator? I installed mine in a spot but it doesn't push the lever well enough to efficiently lock/unlock (it gets half way)... Mine is the same brand actuator as the passenger side, didn't use relays (didn't have to I guess).
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Can anyone who has installed keyless entry take a pic of their drivers side actuator placement? No rush just need to figure out a good placement mine isnt cutting it!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Awesome... I will have to get a bracket like that and place it there. Shameem pics look familiar, tried looking for your posts and couldn't find, any more info on how you executed yours?
Worklog
For Sale Thread
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

If you bought a power lock kit from ebay or something - the kit should have the brackets, screws and stuff. Routing the wires might be a little tricky - but you can kinda push them through the weathertight connector close to the hinge.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

yeah I had a spare actuator from the passenger side so I used that, ran the wires that weather that connector was a huge pain. I will probably look @ home depot, find a way to mount the actuator well so it works. Might need an extra door lock rod though. Thanks!
Worklog
For Sale Thread

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”