Got my ZE or did I?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onderground_mx3

Got my ZE or did I?

Post by onderground_mx3 »

so just got what i believe to be my ZE pulled it apart patially. What i need to know is this real ZE or not? heads are stamped kl31-101 and kl31-1a1 and the the cams say KL01......didn't take the head off but from what i could see the with the plugged pulled out the pistons appear flat. I couldn't see any dipping or shadows. and the TB is stamped KL68 on the top of it (wasn't sure wher eto check the TB for stampings)

So do i have a ZE or a DE
onderground_mx3

i know you'll say search but honestly i have been pawing through material for days now
precidian

Post by precidian »

Search is easy..... it works well...
or try here..... http://www.mx-3quebec.com/swap6.htm
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

You have a curve neck ZE!

Your ZE came from a Millenia, not a MX-6.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

It is kind of beneficial that you got that one. It saves you the trouble of having to find a curve neck intake. Thats the same one I got and I was satisfied with it. There isn't really a lot of difference between the two.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
onderground_mx3

slimmyslim1420 wrote:It is kind of beneficial that you got that one. It saves you the trouble of having to find a curve neck intake. Thats the same one I got and I was satisfied with it. There isn't really a lot of difference between the two.
so then it is a ZE then and not a DE
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

correct, just a different ZE. Since there is 2 different ones.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I'll double confirm that it IS A ZE...good stuff, and welcome to the family :pimp:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Slammed6 wrote:You have a curve neck ZE!
Your ZE came from a Millenia, not a MX-6.
Or for your records, which from this point forward would be a smart thing to start to do, it's from the Eunos800 (J-Spec Millennia). Head stampings will be the same but will have the KL01 cams vs the KL31 cams. No significant power difference to be concerned or appreciated other than the HP, from the KL01 cams comes on a little later than the KL31 cams - I believe. You also have the correct TB to match the IM, There should be a small stamping (upside down when faced correctly) that says "47" on the IM that's beside the top cover plate. Congrats and welcome to the ZE world. Since you had problems finding the reference material for this, be sure you track down some of the other associated recommendations for the process of install - ie, the migration of the K8 coolant filler neck assembly so as to reatain the extra coolant thermosensor. I can't recall which of the 2 ZE's normally carries the correct filler neck. But it's a commonality - either most of the MS8 ones do and not the Eunos800's or the other way around.
Anyway, congrats,
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
onderground_mx3

I've got 3 people to run to if i get in trouble MIke 1 fastmx3, mx3stylez and a guy with a ZE mx-6...all are relativly local
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

No significant power difference to be concerned or appreciated other than the HP, from the KL01 cams comes on a little later than the KL31 cams - I believe. John
kl-31 cams make the powerband in the upper rpm range while the power on the kl-01 cams come in sooner at a lower rpm range i am very sure on this
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

kl-01 cams come in sooner at a lower rpm range i am very sure on this

YES !!!!

the curve neck is off the eunos 800 and were all auto..

the reason the peak power band came in earlier is because the car was significantly heavier than the other cars that had the straight neck and to pull the extra weight.
and was more of a luxury than sports car.

3200 lbs for the eunos 800 :shock:
2500 lbs for the mx3 :D
chertel

Post by chertel »

47 on the curved neck manifold, what is stamped on the straight neck
manifold?
chertel

Post by chertel »

Does anyone have any pics of the klze where the codes are?
kl31-101?
thanx.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

that stamping is found on the inner sides of the valve covers.
if you put u'r head above the IM and look towards yourself between the IM runners you'll see the code on the front valve cover, its the easiest to see.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”