Blinkers

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
AJ

Blinkers

Post by AJ »

can anyone tell me how to make my blinkers blink faster?
Marlon

Re: Blinkers

Post by Marlon »

i've seen this on alot of cars latly<BR>even sh1t boxes<BR>but i have no clue how they do it
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

ive done this same thing before, all i remember is tweaking or playing with the taillight wires, i cut a couple and made it faster, you can go ahead and try it, and thats all i can tell ya
KiSs My a$s......yEa
white fish

Post by white fish »

It happens when you bulb is burnt out<BR>I hear something about replacing your front bulb with ont the as less wattage such as a LED which will cause you car to blink fast
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Whitefish is right. I have LED's in my front turning signals and they work. But I don't recommend putting them in the rear of the car. LED are designed so the light goes straight like a laser. So they would not give off enough light in the rear. :eek:
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Esper

Post by Esper »

you can typically cut the ground wire and this will make them blink faster. or you can buy a kit for like 20 bucks that probably doesn't do anything but cut the ground wire. :roll: i'm not sure if that works on MX-3's but it does on VW's.
Dude.
AJ

Post by AJ »

what do you mean by cut around the ground wire? cutting out some of the wire itself?
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

Dang. Here and I want mine to blink slower... hmmm
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
AJ

Post by AJ »

if you cut the ground wire, wont the light not work? what if i wired a resistor into the ground wire; would that do it?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJPRO:<BR><STRONG>Whitefish is right. I have LED's in my front turning signals and they work. But I don't recommend putting them in the rear of the car. LED are designed so the light goes straight like a laser. So they would not give off enough light in the rear. :eek:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what color leds do you have? are they 1157 size? where did you get them?<p>[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: AJ ]
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I got them through JCW last year. But you can get them on eBay. I have clear lens for my turning signals so I choose Amber Leds to keep it legal. :roll:
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
sc1twntrbo

Post by sc1twntrbo »

to make your blinker faster ad half a quart of blinker fluid and to make it slower take half a quart out :D
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

try putting the wrong size bulb or switch out the bulbvs with the back lights.<P><BR>jerome
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

you need to cut the wire going to your ECU that says you bulb is not functioning correctly.. the reason it blinks faster is as a warning that it may blow soon.. therefore, if you make your ECU think that it is busted, then it will blink faster.. why you would want your bulbs to look like they are busted and blink faster, I don't know.. but this is a cheap and easy mod if you like it.. <P>I haven't done this myself.. and this is only hear say.. but I am pretty sure it is correct.. oh.. btw.. it is the black wire out of the three going to the blinker I think..<P>@ds<P>PS Let me know if this works.
- EUNOS 30X -
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

Ok... To make the blikers flash faster you need to either change the bulbs or convert to LEDs. Cutting the ground wire isnt a good idea because it just doesn't sound right. You have to have your electrical system in your car grounded or it wont work... You know, negative electrons flow towards the positive leads. Now, how flashers work.... There is an object in your flasher system called a flasher... this basically consists of two flat thin conductors (or one flat thin piece and one stationary solid piece). These conductors (pieces of metal) are thin so that they bend when they heat up. they do this number: > = > =<BR>To increase the speed that they >=>= you have to increase or decrease resistance, thus a different sized bulb or converting to leds would change the resistance. Basically you need to put more electricity through it in the same amount of time so that it heats up faster. The ECU does not control the flash rate. :D<p>[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Quazi5 ]
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”