seafoam/emmisions and other ?'s...UPDATED!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

max kl wrote:when i want to do a customer a favor umm i use a spray bottle with watter or glass cleaner in it and spray it into a small vacume line during the dyno test
i have to be carfull not to spray to much or engine will run rough and hc will come up but if i spray the right ammount it nocks about 2000ppms off the nox

you could set up somethen simlar like run the vac line that goes to the egr or evap purge valve to a resivore of water or washer fluid to pass nox using the ecm controled solinoids would stop flow at idle and the water would simulate an egr effect reducing combustion chamber temps drasticly

you would need some kind of oriface or flow control valve[like 1 from an aquarium] to regulate the flow

i squirt enuph in the vac line to make engine run a little rough the back it off a little

but water injection is cheating but it works

i have had to work very hard to get cars to pass with high flow cats
a stock replacment cat may be enuph to get u by or 2 cats

so you do testing in arlington???
'93 MX-3 SE-ZE 9lb findaza,CMIII,KL36,hi-flow cat, 2.5" exhaust piping....stolen sound system...broken center dash....and a big ol dent in the driver door where my wife backed up into it...but i still get 26+ mpg......
max kl

Post by max kl »

mabe do you work for tex dot?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

max kl wrote:mabe do you work for tex dot?

no i work for xto energy in downtown fort worth....
'93 MX-3 SE-ZE 9lb findaza,CMIII,KL36,hi-flow cat, 2.5" exhaust piping....stolen sound system...broken center dash....and a big ol dent in the driver door where my wife backed up into it...but i still get 26+ mpg......
max kl

Post by max kl »

have you met torpedan?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
150 shot
max kl

Post by max kl »

ghandi1492 wrote:
max kl wrote:mabe do you work for tex dot?

no i work for xto energy in downtown fort worth....
i would love to help u out so i can see what it takes to moke a ze pass o dyno test
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

max kl wrote:have you met torpedan?
no i havent.....
max kl wrote:I would love to help u out so i can see what it takes to moke a ze pass o dyno test

thanks i need all the help i can get.......

AJ
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

Well i coundnt get a voucher (they pay up to $600 to help fix your car) to help me repair my car b/c i havent been registered in an emissions county for a year even though i have lived here for over a year. So i drove to hillsboro (in a non emissions county) and did my safety test.

I still have a free re-test that i might go do b/c i want to see what it takes to pass w/o an egr in my ze so i dont have to deal with it next year.

oh yea, i put my k8 ecu back in drove for 15 miles and pulled the codes. Got the egr codes, no biggie, but i also got the fpr code, O2 invertion code and knock sensor code. Right after i swapped the k8 ecu in i unpluged the vacuum source on the fpr and let it idle for a min then put it back on b/c i didnt have anything to plug it. Is that why i got the fpr code?? Did i get the O2 on b/c i did the 1 wire O2 instead of the 4 wire universal?? And would the knock sensor be the reason my NOx is so high??? Also my k8 ecu has been unlugged for over 2 years, so the codes i pulled are current one right??

AJ
max kl

Post by max kl »

good luck with that safty sticker just stay away from dallas they have mobile emmisons stations and send you nice letters

arlinton will have them soon for now they peel your sticker if they wana b dicks

let me no when you wana use the dyno saturdays sux for fukn around but ifs dooable some time during the week would b better and problly free
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

max kl wrote:good luck with that safty sticker just stay away from dallas they have mobile emmisons stations and send you nice letters

arlinton will have them soon for now they peel your sticker if they wana b dicks

let me no when you wana use the dyno saturdays sux for fukn around but ifs dooable some time during the week would b better and problly free
wow in arlington they peel your sticker??? How do they know if you didnt pass emissions??? Do they pull over random ppl to test in dallas? good thing i dont go out there with my car.

Technically my car is still registered in a non emissions county. I wont have to worry about emissions until next year (3/07) as i will have to register my car in tarrant county. Though i want to fix my car up so it is running in the best possible condition. Im gonna pick up my fuel filter today and swap it out.

btw, where do you work? if not free how much would it cost? do yall use the dyno for emissions or for hp/tq testing??

AJ
max kl

Post by max kl »

arlington pulled me over and i had a saftey only sticker and my insurance adress was from tarrant co and they said this sticker is no good in tarrant county. my cop was a d--- i got like 5+ tickets that stop
i have customers that have had sinaler experinces tho and had cops issuing parking tickets or city code violations scrape safty stickers if the door was unlocked

dallas has in-fer-red exhaust analizers hand held ones are coming for now the are placed on the side of the road a random they can see the exhaust ppm and photo ur plate and send you a warning your first time then send you a leter sayn you tags and inspection are now invalad untill you repair vehicle and prove it to tex dot

all emissions countys will eventually be like this but it keeps gettn pushed back tarrant was gona be done in 2006 but now is 2008 and it may take longer than that
kinda like the dyno testing was gonna start in 99 but realy hit in 02

shop rate is 80 an hour but if i am learning sumthin i can use the dyno for free as long as i dont get in the way of inspections

emmisons only dyno
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

max kl wrote:arlington pulled me over and i had a saftey only sticker and my insurance adress was from tarrant co and they said this sticker is no good in tarrant county. my cop was a d--- i got like 5+ tickets that stop
i have customers that have had sinaler experinces tho and had cops issuing parking tickets or city code violations scrape safty stickers if the door was unlocked

dallas has in-fer-red exhaust analizers hand held ones are coming for now the are placed on the side of the road a random they can see the exhaust ppm and photo ur plate and send you a warning your first time then send you a leter sayn you tags and inspection are now invalad untill you repair vehicle and prove it to tex dot

all emissions countys will eventually be like this but it keeps gettn pushed back tarrant was gona be done in 2006 but now is 2008 and it may take longer than that
kinda like the dyno testing was gonna start in 99 but realy hit in 02

shop rate is 80 an hour but if i am learning sumthin i can use the dyno for free as long as i dont get in the way of inspections

emmisons only dyno
geez, now i guess i really need for my car to pass the I/M part of the inspection.... When are you free to "Learn" how to pass my car?? i work m-f and have t-ball practice/games on t/th/sat......when does your shop have the least amount of customers in for emissions?

AJ
max kl

Post by max kl »

tuesday but saturdy could work 9-11 am or 3-4 pm
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”