faulty juddering v6 help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
newmx3 er

faulty juddering v6 help

Post by newmx3 er »

helppppppp got a i994 import eunos mx3 v6 24v 1.8i sat on my drive what a shame .

problem is i get a juddering sensaton wen driving . sometimes no life wen in low gears . i can have my foot flat down and the revs will be sat on idle . comming of the gas then lightly pressing will give my engine some life . doing 60mph or above i can feel the same non response again as if the car is holding back . i have also had the odd mis fire now and again. in first i have to build the revs up to 3000 to get the car to move without juddering . i have changes the fuel filter, leads and distributer cap which improved the preformance slightly . Can anyone help or suggest anythinh beeen to main dealer ( waste of time )
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Kind of sounds like you have a bad disty. Do a search on here for disty related probelms and see if yours fit the mold.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
yvan

Post by yvan »

could be something as simple as a bad plug or two. did you recently wash down the engine? :wink: i notice water tend to sep between the spark boots and arching along the wall. this will create the same problems as you describe. i always have this problem everytime i wash her down..so make sure there's no moisture down there.
93' blue mx-3, klze curve neck, kl36ecu, all the upgrade possible/out turbo.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”