Does the water pump fit?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PWRD_BY_HKS

Does the water pump fit?

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

okay thanx to h gallegos for helping me put on my millenia manifold we are pulling very very hard (the only thing that sucks is that i dont blow flames at 7400 rpms with a mean back fire but ohh well) but now i got a problem well i had it but now its really bad...... my water pump (on my ZE) is mest up but i have my spare one from my k8 i needed to know if it will fit? PLEASSE HELP ME
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'll say it once.

EVERYTHING ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR K8 WILL BOLT TO YOUR KLZE.
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

that is not totally true...the MX-3 switch water pumps from 93 to 94+...I switched my water pump out last month, My Mx-3 is a 93 GS body with a 94 or 95 K8or possibly something else...I havent checked yet....anyway...the waterpump bolted to the engine but the pulley studs will not line up.
Last edited by JYOUNYA1 on March 1st, 2006, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah some WP came with different pulleys (same size I think but the center part is different diameter and I guess offsets in the holes) but just keep the pulley that comes with the same pump
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
twoie

Post by twoie »

yea some of the pulleys have a larger center and don't fit tight around the shaft nub thus allowing them to slide even when the 4 little bolts are tight. Also some of the nub shafts are shorter and don't allow for the pulley to engage onto it. Just do what bayblue suggested.

twoie
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

OR, if you get a different pump and don't have the pulley that goes with that version Mazda sells them pretty cheap. About 15.00 last time a MOCA memeber had to buy one.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”