PCV valve system under boost? possible problem?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
XxantwawnxX

PCV valve system under boost? possible problem?

Post by XxantwawnxX »

As i understand if the PCV valve is not closeing properly you can end up boosting the crankcase and blowing stuff out? But what about the vent system that does not have the valve. It comes from the black according intake tube then then splits to each valvecover(front and to the back) Will that be a problem ? Does it need any modification?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
max kl

Post by max kl »

yes you will have to change the fresh air tube that stock is routed to the vaf boot to ether a catch can or route it into the tubing that goes between the vaf and the turbo entrance . i see the second set up on most stock turbo cars. i think the closer to the turbo the better im shure the air being sucked into the turbo under boost will help provide crankcase vacume buy sucking crankcase vapors into the turbo. my starion had the wrong pcv valve on it when i got it and the wrong pcv valve let boost into the crankcase blowing oil out the dipstick tube and most of the major seals. getting the correct pcv valve fixed it. so i dont no if the mazda valve can handle boost of if u will have to get one from a stock mazda turbo car
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Thanx alot !

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
max kl

Post by max kl »

are u buying a kit or making your own? what size turbo are u thinking of? and how much boost!
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
150 shot
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Smaller T3..like 40sumthing trim from a saab. Im not planningon runnning more than 5psi. I made my own. All i need is an intercooler that wil fit my needs and oillines and ill be ready. Oh and i need my MSnS to come in : )

max kl

Post by max kl »

cool i have used the saab t3 before its a nice size t3 if you can score one from the late 80s mabe early 90s i dont know what happend to saab in the mid 90s the compressors are very small and the apc is not tuneable. i want to fit a saab apc to my bp turbo car i wish sabb made v6s in the 80s with an apc. i ran the t3 from a 86 saab 9000 on a b6 it ran very nice very litle lag for a used turbo. you will probly have great low end boost with one of thos turbos. if all u wan is 5 7 psi but watch out boost an be verry addictive.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

YEa man i know it wil be addictive...but i beleive i can keep at 5. I really dont wannt mess up the ze. Dont feel like getting another atm lol.

max kl

Post by max kl »

good luck im 5 for 7 i just had to see if how much boost a setup could handle the smell ofmelting aluminum filling your interor is un forgetable and very expensive but that only happend on 2 of my starion motors. the mazdas like to overheat in the texas heat or push head gaskets out i cant wait to see what will hapen to a k motor o and saabs are the s--- i could not blow that one up but trans and axles add up quick

ever seen a fastiva?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yeah think so, lil small cars?

max kl

Post by max kl »

yea little and light like sub ton light and the speedo only goes to 85 i have no idea how fast i was going when it changed lanes at 120+ mph from ruts in the road and no down force i could not run more than 10 psi on the b6 swap and retain any traction that motor lived only becuse i dissasembled the car
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

150 shot
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Crazyness, yeah when MX3 owners call another car small..it really means sumthing : P

Return to “Forced Induction”