Loss Of power in the car.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

Loss Of power in the car.

Post by shawno »

Hey yesterday i have my car stereo going in the car turned it off washed the car. and now there is no power to the deck like i cant even get the cd out and the interior lights stoped workin too.

So i though it was a fuse so i checked them all and nothing is working.

The accuries dont work
92 GS KL-ZE, millenia intake, 5 Speed, Custom eyelids, custom molded 98 Toyota supra tail lights, Lowered, lambo doors. Still under construction, And more to come
twoie

Post by twoie »

did you wash the engine bay? Checked those fuses in the bay?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Mm yeah be carefull when your washing your engine bay. Does your car start? You might have blown the fuze for your stereo system (unless you don't have a fuse, aka, you dont' have an amp) Check all fuzes liek everyone said, thats hopefully it. You also said your interior lights whent out? Thats got to be a fuse then.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey yea i never washed the engine bay. I took out the fuse panel ans unpluged everything and i happened to notice that there a wire that is bare it has no coding left on it and that maybe have been shorting it out. Becuse everythin i put in a fuse is arcs i can really get at the wire to good but im goin to try to tape it up to see what happens
92 GS KL-ZE, millenia intake, 5 Speed, Custom eyelids, custom molded 98 Toyota supra tail lights, Lowered, lambo doors. Still under construction, And more to come
max kl

Post by max kl »

are you sayn that you see a wire coming from the fuse box with melted insulation? is the fuse in the middle of the interor fuse box that sticks out blown? i think it is a 10 or 15 amp fuse and it supplys the interor lighting, radio and clock .
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you found a bare wire you found your problem. Now all you need to do is DO NOT tape it and try again. You need to trace the wire and find where it is grounded. It will be slight b/c it is enough to create a good bit of heat, but not blow the fuse. So look carefully and run your hand along to wire untill you find it pinched or a crack in the coating. Then replace the WHOLE wire from where it starts in the fuse box to where it terminates.

After you can tell us what the wire is and where it goes I can help tell you more about replacing it. If I forget to check back you can PM me if you'd like.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

or you could have soaked your disti cap and only be running on 5cylinders or less??

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey yea i have it all fixed up waht a pain it was too took a hour to find the wire. The coding was total gone on the wire and it was in the middle of the wireing harrness took it out and put a hole new wire in so its all good to go now. But i hate wireing.
max kl

Post by max kl »

what did the wire go to? and could you tell why it burned? like it was pinched by the radio or rubbed onto metal and grounded.... if not its gona burn again
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
shawno

Post by shawno »

It was the wire from the back of the fuse panel and it ran through the wireing harness to the door plug and stoped burning up. Im looking for a short some where.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”