will this engine fit my mx3??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matrix733

will this engine fit my mx3??

Post by Matrix733 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Engine-9 ... dZViewItem

I have a 1993 gs. would i need a new ecu or is this a direc fit? Thanks.
Knowledge Is Power ; Keep Cracking
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Dont buy that engine, its only a k8ze.
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

thanks much
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey yeah that engine will fit into your car if u just want to replace the stock motor. Like mxmaz said its not the klze motor. but is the jdm version of the k8 engine so is a little better. BUt if u have some spare cash and the knowledge get the ZE.
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

thanks, I can't afford the klze swap at the moment so i just wanted to make sure i did not need any special ecu and such since it was jspec.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I would think it uses a different ecu then our car, so i dont know how it would run. But you should just look for a good deal on a klde locally so you wont have to pay shipping or anything. You could probably get a klde for just as cheap as that engine is going to go for.
shawno

Post by shawno »

Im pretty sure u use the same ecu but im not 100% sure i would do a search to check it out to make sure.
92 GS KL-ZE, millenia intake, 5 Speed, Custom eyelids, custom molded 98 Toyota supra tail lights, Lowered, lambo doors. Still under construction, And more to come
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

This is what the seller said. after asking if i need a different ecu.

Hi,

Your ECU will run this engine, but you have to keep with your old systems. This means you should put the engine side by side with your old engine and change any accessory that is different(IE. Manifolds, Fuel Injectors, etc).

Thank you,
Dave
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

well, where i live or even a state away, i can hardly find a regular k8 under $700 and if i do, it has a 100,000 miles. With shipping this engine will run me $360. even if he exagerrated about the mileage to be below 35000 miles, its still a good deal if it works.

thanks for all your imputs
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey to bad that your not in Canada beecuse i have my k8 out of my car after i did the ze swap and i gave it away not to long ago. but i would change over all the stuff then whats the point of getting the jdm version u will get no gains.
I would get the right ecu for the jdm motor or get the stock k8 for your car bud.
92 GS KL-ZE, millenia intake, 5 Speed, Custom eyelids, custom molded 98 Toyota supra tail lights, Lowered, lambo doors. Still under construction, And more to come
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Matrix733 wrote:well, where i live or even a state away, i can hardly find a regular k8 under $700 and if i do, it has a 100,000 miles. With shipping this engine will run me $360. even if he exagerrated about the mileage to be below 35000 miles, its still a good deal if it works.
thanks for all your imputs
Well kind of a good deal ....maybe. I find it difficult that an imported engine will only cost you $360 shipped since it's something around $400 - $450 cdn for our importers to import a J-Spec engine. That's why there's about 100% mark-up at most importers reflecting an average ZE cost around $800 - $1,000. Somethings a little fishy here. Here's something to look at. Vender suggests you transport your IM, TB, fuel rails/injectors just so you can retain the original ECU. In doing so your taking away potential power/performance and I haven't even gotten to a possible confliction with the cams from a K8ZE and how they would work with K8 IM, rails, injectors and TB. I'm not 100% on that. I'd say it would be worth your while if you plan on dpoing the work yourself and are up to the task. If not, than paying someone to do it would probably be more expensive if you were to simply source a K8ZE ECU. By doing that you'd have that extra bit of HP over a regular K8. I'm not sure if that K8ZE IM will work in our cars being a LHD and the Japanese being RHD. There are clearance issues to possibly consider near the brake MC. Another thing to consider is that that K8ZE more than likely does not have the facility for an EGR as it's a non-required item in Japan. Since your car is an OBD I, I'm not sure if there are other issues that may arise if the new engine happens to be OBD II. Yes it's quite clean looking, yes it may actually have the low mileage that the vender states. What I'm trying to say is that it seems a bit too good to be true for something this nice. I hoe it works out for you. g/l
John

Pssssst, keep it as much K8ZE as possible and source a K8ZE ECU - that's what I'd do.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
pauli_au

Post by pauli_au »

I didn't realise any K8s came with a straight neck IM. I assume its from a different car like a Eunos 500 or a 626 since it from Japan.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”