car gets weird after a long drive...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xerostatus

car gets weird after a long drive...

Post by xerostatus »

When i drive my ZE for a long distance (about 1.5-2 hours), the car runs fine on the freeway but when i'm on local streets, the car feels weird. I notice it especially when im going uphill, im going in 2nd gear and the car kinda jerks back and forth press on the gas. anyone know what might be the cause of this? im thinkin clutch?
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nitsua16

Post by Nitsua16 »

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well... I tend to have the problem that if I'm going slow but try to slow down when I'm in 1st or 2nd gear it jerks back and forth violently until I get back to the speed I was at when I started slowing down. I only usually have to do this when turning or getting behind someone that is moving really slowly. Mine is a 1993 MX-3 GS
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

now this could be a number of things...

(wheres your fuel level when this happens)
I had an issue where when I turned or went up hill the car would almost die, turns out I had crap in my fuel tank that was getting sucked up when I turned.

Are you running ruch?

How are your motor mounts?
xerostatus

Post by xerostatus »

Im pretty sure im not running rich, or particularly rich for that matter... and how would i check the motor mounts? any tale tell signs?

and im pretty sure its not the fuel tank problem, cause normally it fine uphill or when turning, just when ive driven it for awhile.
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

This might sound like a dumb question... How long have you been driving manuel? Because if your new at it yes it will jerk around a lot because your not use to it. But if you have a stock suspention its really sloppy so it bounces A LOT!!! Mine does that at the moment and i am going to get my new suspention on soon so i can fix that.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
xerostatus

Post by xerostatus »

haha, yeah ive been driving manual for about a year and a half, and i probably am better than my pops who actually taught me (just from the fact that idrove like every single day for that period). and like i said, its not all the time that this happens, that same uphill street is fine when i drive normally, when i come back form like short drive. this just happens when i come back to school from home (i live in LA, school in SD, so i make the drive every other weekend-ish).
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”