Thinking of the possibilities.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cb mx3

Thinking of the possibilities.....

Post by cb mx3 »

I have a 95 rs which is an awesome first car but as the need for speed grows inside me i've come across a 93 gs for $1000 but I can get it for lower than that anyways if i were to get it i'd want to go really big so what would be the best engine to swap in. what other parts would i need to complete the swap. where can i find engines in canada. and if there is any other info i should know that would be greatly appreciated
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

save your money just for an engine alone, why would you spend money on second car, then to do a swap?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

If you current MX is mechanically sound than I'd follow Moses rationale as to why go that route. For less money than getting a GS and then ZE'ing it, you can BPT your current ride and have some money left over. I'm sure the BPT will quench your need for speed thirst.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I can understand the rational.. Keep the RS stock for decent mileage and as a daily driver.. get the GS and build the piss out of it for a bit more of the Weekend Warrior kind of thing ;) Jbeef is right in that it would cost less to swap a BPT or if you could find one.. a B6T into your current car.. both would give you significant power increases.. or you could just put in a BP and turbo it later. What its going to come down to for you is personal preference.. and whether or not you can do without your car for a weekend or two while you transplant engines. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

thats why i ask the experts first. bpt? where would i find one of those..and if so in canada. what kind of numbers do they put out and i can do without my car b/c me and some friends would be the ones donig the swap
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ahhh.. now is when you get to the fun part.. research.. utilize the search function.. you will find that all the information you could want about any kind of engine that will fit in a MX-3 has been discussed numerous times. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

and not just the search button, check the faqs and the engine swap link on the main page... http://www.mx-3.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”