the end of a legend...............my mx-3 has been totaled..

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
tical

the end of a legend...............my mx-3 has been totaled..

Post by tical »

well......it would have been 5 years i had owned the dream on wheels....
now its all over because of one small ice patch.

ok....it all started dec.27, i just left my house to go pick up my mom and have a day out with her since it was right after christmas. i pull out of my place and get about 150 ft. down the road, the first little turn i get to (which i have traveled atleast 10,000 times) my back end slips out from behind me. by the time i could get it straighten out i was off the road. at this time there was snow and ice covering the grass. well as soon as i hit that, i was sling shot right through the turn, there was a gaurd rail. inless you acually looked over the rail, you would never know that it was there to protect you from a 10 foot drop into a streem. instead of bouncing off the rail, it just bent over. i jumped it like a ramp. as i went air born, my back tires caught the gaurd rail and sent me into a front flip. the car landed on its roof and then rolled over twice. the impact of the car landing on its roof blew every window out. my automatic seat belt didint work on my side so therefore i was not wearing one.......i walked away from the wreck harmless........i thank the lord everyday, but ive also had many mental breakdowns............i was inlove with that car, spent the last 4 years building it. $12 thousand werth of aftermarket mods. i had just finished the entire suspension about 2 months before.... :( the only thing i hadnt down to the car was internal work. i was putin down about 180 horses to the pavement.........its been a month now, i own a 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT. its black with blacked out windows and it will soon have a set of twenties on it.....it really wasnt the car of my choice, it sort of fell into my hands right after the wreck, but thats a whole other story....anyways, if you all are interested in pics and more info, i have plenty of both.....i would still love to be apart of this forum, but i will leave it up to the group since i am no longer an mx-3 owner.. :crying:

thanx

Justin

p.s.- and if anyone is ganna ask if there parts available.... the answer is no, every last thing was destroyed.....all mods, everything....the pillar even crushed my brand new monster tach... :crying:
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Very, very sorry to hear of your car wreck. You worked very hard to get your baby the way you wanted it to be...... and then that happens. I'm certain that I speak for us all here when I say that you will always be a member of this board. Just because you no longer own a MX-3 because of the accident would never change that. I hope though that one day, you will get another MX-3.
Also, I'm glad to hear that you walked away harmless, even though you didn't have the seat belt on, because in a accident of that level............ you could've got hurt pretty bad....... or worse. Your MX-3 took care of you in that accident.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

sorry to hear that mate!
Glas to hear your all okay!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'm glad to hear you are ok. The fact that you walked away without a seatbelt is amazing. Someone was wathcing over you.

Stay on the forum if you'd like. It won't bother us to keep a well versed memeber.

Good luck with the Vibe. They are weird cars, but it is funny to see that you went for another not-so-mainstream car :lol: :wink:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

wow... that sucks man. thank god you're alright. sorry to hear about the car. this is one more reason for me to move to a better climate. :x
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Truely sorry to hear, but I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that no matter how much $$ into the car, we're all just glad you're not hurt. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. Good luck with your new project, and you're more than welcome to stay and hang out! :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
bluemx3

Post by bluemx3 »

Glad to hear your not hurt. I'm a firefighter in Chicago and I can tell you, you were very lucky. Consider playing the lottery and take advantage of that luck while you have it. Stay a member of the forum, you don't know when another MX3 comes your way. How about some pictures, I think we all would be interested in seeing them.
Owner of 7 different cars, 5 being convertibles. 1990 Miata is one of my summer fun cars. I enjoy that car so much, I thought owning a MX3 would be fun also. Drive with your top open or top down. See my car web site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816145
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

thats real sad. Its never late to start another mx3 project though. Vibe...eww, wouldnt be my choice to drive one of those
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Ya good to see that your ok. But ya just think tho your find just start a new one. Do what you wish you could have done with the other mx-3. Remember thats a car you can replace that but you cannot be replaced. Its just a car there is always something better. But when you take the pride in knowing that you just spent 5 years fising and modding something like that to END in just a few seconds. THAT JUST SUCKS!!! :(
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
tical

Post by tical »

ok...........i will have pics up tomorrow, i have ta work tonight......but yeah thanx for the concern and THANX ALOT for wanting me to stay.....and believe me, if i come across another mx-3.........ITS MINE......the only thing i loved more than that car was my own family.......and on the vibe....it acually doesnt look bad......its got the full body kit and its all blacked out.........but i will agree with all of you, it wasnt my choice of cars. my dad had bought it cause he thought it was cool looking. well he had it for about 2 weeks before i had the accident. he is disabled and cant work. we both knew he would not be able to pay for the car, so i drove it for a few days, and beleive it or not that thing has some potentual. the only 2 pieces to make it through the wreck on the mx-3 was the passenger headlight and taillight. it pealed the whole front end off like an orange.........ripped the bottom end off the motor. i had just put about $50 worth of liquid additives to the motor, got the valve chatter to go away, cause it use ta chatter a bit when i started it in the cold........
and you all havent even heard the worse part..........here it goes.........for 8 months before the accident, the car was nickleing and diming me ta death......no motor or tranny work ever had to be done........all the little stuff, but anyways it added up to over 6 thousand dollars in maintence in that period. i got it all fixed and the car ran like brand new for about 2 months till the wreck........... :( kept havin problems with the wheel bearings. turned out there was a chunk missing out of the passenger side spindle.........but anyways......i have ta get ready for work and i will post some pics tomorrow.................THANX U SO MUCH FOR THE CONCERN...it really means alot at this point........... :2thumbsup:

much respect to all mx-3 owners

Justin
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
Alex_V

Post by Alex_V »

Man that sucks, I know the feeling. I totaled my first car. Its the worst isnt it.

I dont mean to sound rude, but could you pull the ignition cylinder and cat or resonator? Im trying to sell my mx3. LMK if your interested. Im in columbus ohio btw.

~Alex
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

that really blows man...sorry to hear
u'r damn lucky 'bout the belts tho...bet u'll always wear them now

and no matter if u'r baby's gone, you are still a part of the mx'3 community. u have insite and knowhow that you can share w/ the ppl new to the game who'll appreciate it.

i'v had mine over 3 years now and have put in at least that much money (i think maybe twice that by now if u include repairs) and can't imagine how i'd feel if that happened to me...i'm in the frame of mind right now that my car will keep going for as long as i will it to, but we all know that's not true. it doesn't make you any less of an mx-3 enthusiest so there's no reason u shouldn't stay.
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

sorry for the loss i had totalted my last car it was a volkswagen golf the rod in the block shot out and went and sprayed oil on the headers the headers lit the oil on fire and the fire set the whole electrical wires ablaze the care blew up 100 yards from my house but now im happy cuz it led me to my new mx3 :P
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

:shock: you were lucky, anybody that drives around without a seatbelt on is just plain nuts!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mindy2627

Post by mindy2627 »

Just wanted to say that i rolled my mx3 also....hit a sign landed on the roof smashed her up..only good news is that it doesnt have a salvage title....

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”