KYB/ H& R combo

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
1992blazeredgs

KYB/ H& R combo

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Just wondering if anybody has this set up on their mx-3. I searched and figure i will get alot of people saying they wont last long with a 1.3rear and 1.5 front drop. But anybody that has this setup and can give me some feedback on them would be great.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

check post in images/videos, guy is running same setup.
Where would I get lowest price on this setup though springs/struts
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
JWMX3

Re: KYB/ H& R combo

Post by JWMX3 »

1992blazeredgs wrote:Just wondering if anybody has this set up on their mx-3. I searched and figure i will get alot of people saying they wont last long with a 1.3rear and 1.5 front drop. But anybody that has this setup and can give me some feedback on them would be great.

Nate
I have this combo, actually dropped my car 2 front and 1.5 rear BTW

I cant say anything bad about the struts, and i'll tell you there is no signs of them "prematurely wearing out" as MOST people on this site will tell you, and they probly dont have first hand experience with them either

I had my front struts off to replace the upper mounts, and after 15,000 kms on the struts, they were as good as new when i compressed it with my hand and it came out with just as much force as when they were new

Oh also i hope you know what ur getting into with the H&R/// if you still want a somewhat soft comfy ride, get B&G springs, because h&r are alot more harsh -
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

actually i would buy nothing else (except MS struts) than KYB GR2's! they're insanely strong and feel a lot stiffer than stock. im running them with H&Rs and it looks/feels perfect for me. not much bumpier than stock, and yet handles very nicely in corners.
92 Autozam AZ3
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

actually i would buy nothing else (except MS struts) than KYB GR2's!
not to mention MS are 177 each... i payed 58.23 a piece for KYBs.... now i jus need to get my H&Rs and Rotas... dont mean to yank ur style sam... but it seems over the past 2 years, when i get a great idea... u already did it, lol

*edit* my bad, thought it was sam gettin the Rotas... it was max... sorry bout that one*
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”