ALL CANADIANS, PLEASE READ!

Off-Topic Discussions
cdngrl420

Re: ALL CANADIANS, PLEASE READ!

Post by cdngrl420 »

freakyalien wrote:
Darcy wrote:In my opinion, this country is in crisis and your vote will count immeasurably this time.

Call me an ignorant American...but why is your country in crisis?

I'm not trying to be funny, I actually have almost no idea what is going on in Canada.
Yes I too would like to know what crisis is occuring that most canadians are not being made aware off?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I think the crisis is that you all live too far north and the climate is not suitable for sustaining human life. A shift south will offset the problem no worries. Or are you waiting for "global warming" to take effect? :D
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: ALL CANADIANS, PLEASE READ!

Post by jschrauwen »

cdngrl420 wrote:
freakyalien wrote:
Darcy wrote:In my opinion, this country is in crisis and your vote will count immeasurably this time.
Call me an ignorant American...but why is your country in crisis?
I'm not trying to be funny, I actually have almost no idea what is going on in Canada.
Yes I too would like to know what crisis is occuring that most canadians are not being made aware off?
I may not have used the word "crises" but he's not far from truth. I'm not sure if many remember that the Conservatives jumped into an amalgamation with the Reform Party when the Liberals were riding a popular majority high. If those can recall, the Reform Party was a pretty radical group (read, a typical redneck midwest group) whose platform would send this country into an economic downward spiral. Those that were dissatisfied Liberal supporters just up and went for the "other guy" thinking they would make things better. That's what really confuses me. Since the Liberals have been in we've seen the interest and mortgage rates drop to the lowest it's been in 40 years. Our unemployment rate is the lowest it's ever been since the last Conservative governmant and the country as a whole has been riding an over 10 year economic high. Our dollar has gained considerable ground in the world markets as witnessed by latest exchange rates. We've done pretty good by the liberals for over ten years and if it's a case that people were unhappy with the leaking of the scandal of back door dealings and particitizenship with the Liberals, to that I say ...who cares!!! Most governments will enter into some sort of "shady" cooperatives that most of us would not agree with, it's just that this past Liberal government got caught and people for some reason have been fixated over it (which is what the Conservatives wanted) and could not see past that scandal at the bigger picture. I really couldn't care less what scandalls or shady relationships the government entered into. At the the end of the day, all I'm interested in is, What's the overall state of the nation? Those that were enticed by the promise of lower taxes or the removal of the GST are going to see no real benefit at the end of the day anyhow. But that's my opinion. Let's revisted this a year from now and see how great the conservatives have done. If they've implimented any of their promises and if the economy is any better off because of those changes. Remeber that the 2 previous Prime Ministers were the country's Finance Ministers in their previous portfolios - so of course our country was doing better economically. What's our new Prime Minister got to bring tho the table???? He even refuses to disclose who his major financial backers are. The very thing he blamed the Liberals for in the scandal. Hmmmmm, has nobody else seen these indicators??
"Crises", no were not in a crises, but we don't need a wolf in sheep's clothing either (Reform Party disguised as Conservative). Hope we see another election soon or before these guys do serious damage.
*my 2 pennies*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

good post jschrauwen

I'd like to add that the conservatives have promised to lower taxes AND raise spending. I'd like to know where the conservatives are planning to get the cash. As we've seen in the US, the lower taxes raise spending approach hasnt worked. In fact without even adding the cost of the Iraq war into the mix, the current republicans have made the highest addition to debt in a long time. If someone would care to explain why we need the same type of mentality in our government I'd be willing to listen
Last edited by johnnyb on January 28th, 2006, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ah yes...another classic "J-beef in A minor" post. A very good selection indeed.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Vanished wrote:Ah yes...another classic "J-beef in A minor" post. A very good selection indeed.
:werd: Wiseguy eh??? :lol:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Off-Topic”