2.5L V6 klze

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
PeaCheZ

2.5L V6 klze

Post by PeaCheZ »

guys my car is an 94 auto mx3 percdia, i dont know wut else 2 do....i was thinking of getting the KLZE, but i was told the tranny will bust under pressure , so i should do a tranny swap to manual, cause the klze auto wont fit into this car either....im so confused and sad, i cant afford all that, all i want is for my car 2 be faster i would like 2 stay auto , i need help and advice and can u plz tell me any possible solutions i could do to give my car more power a list would be great....!
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I have been looking into something like that for my RS - i found this website where they upgrade your transmission to handle more power
http://www.levelten.com/store/import/packages/mazda.htm
I dont know if its real or how good they are ...
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Well, you have a choice...., you can make you car FEEL faster by putting on new intake, exhaust, and a lil steering wheel.
or, you can risk slotting in that KLZE with your std auto, it involves a bit more modifications than a 5spd MX3 does, because the std auto only runs through the original K8 ecu, you need to change the air/fuel mix with a separate controller. If your tranny is in ok condition and you add a tranny cooler, and you drive nicely....

but while this may save some $$$ now, it could get very expensive if it turns to custard later on! Like mine did! :evil:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

if you used an mx6 or 626 atx it would be a little more reliable than the stock mx3 atx i would think
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

well i was thinking of putting in performance headers, muffler and i still have my steering wheel 2 install....4 now i have a PRM jet stream intake ...still no diff wut else??
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

THAT SITE u gave me is only 4 manual :cry:
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

fry_81 wrote:if you used an mx6 or 626 atx it would be a little more reliable than the stock mx3 atx i would think
apparently they won't fit, but even if they did, those trannys are just as poorly designed....., they break too! :?

whatever you decide...., get a tranny cooler fitted!

The mods you have planned sound alright, i don't think there is much else that's worth doing.....
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

PeaCheZ wrote:THAT SITE u gave me is only 4 manual :cry:
I thought they were for atx because they talk about torque converter (mtx has clutch instead of TC)
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

i dunno im so lost and confused , if i added SRD engine mounts 2 my stock automatic wut results would i see? and how about fuel regulators?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

the SRD engine mounts aren't really necessary, you can get much the same effect by filling your stock mounts, assuming they are in decent condition at present
as for the fuel regulator, you won't need it unless you drop in an KL

if it's performance you're after, you really need to start with the 5spd, you might find the swap isn't as expensive as you think
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

hate 2 say this but i dont mind my car being auto..I LUV my baby the way it is...ummm so wut if i jus put in headers, keep my stock 1.8L v6 and weld in my muffler how much horse or diff will i get off that?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Very little.. average horsepower gain is more or less 10% of your engines rated HP. So if the K8 is rated at 130 HP.. you might see around 13 HP. At the wheels, probably only 8 or so. Likely you wouldnt feel the difference. You would hear the difference in the way the engine sounds.

The problem is.. to really boost up your K8.. you will likely spend a LOT more cash than it would cost to buy a KLZE. Bang for the buck type thing. You could get your K8 rebuilt and yes with a bit of modifying and tossing $1500-$2000 at the engine.. you would probably reach the same horse power as a KLZE. But then you still have your ATX to deal with. Doesnt matter if its a KLZE or a Built K8 engine.. it wont put up with the extra power for any length of time. Now you could also get your tranny built by a good transmission shop and if you remove and install the transmission yourself.. you could spend the extra $$$ you saved on the remove/install labor on beefing up the components in your transmission so that it will withstand the extra horsepower. But you will likely dump another $1000 at the minimum into such a rebuild.

The trick here is to decide how much the car is worth to you. And how much work you can do yourself with either friends and family to help. This will help you figure out what projects will be cost effective and what ones are unrealistic.

I wont state my own opinion here because in the end.. its your car and its your money.. what you do with it is upto you. Post up some pics on occasion though and show off what you have done :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

wut about jus a programmed ECU upgrade?? corksport sells it for a V6 , jus have 2 reset my computer?
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

have u guys ever heard of a turbo kit that goes into ur intake manifold, its like 89.99 + tx or something , gives u more horse im not sure of that name but used in auto cars, its wuts known as "FAKE TURBO" its like a fan that spins more air into the engine
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

if im thinkin of the thing ur thinkin of stay away from that cheap a-- stuff its not worth it if its like an electric motor it would probly push like 1psi if ur lucky if its that one thing it looks like a housing with a blade in it thats ''supposed'' to add horsepower and save gas by using a vortex flow which wont give you power. well if u want small things that can add more power or make it run better id do this but this is to my own preference: larger throttle body bore, N/A cams, intake, headers, spark plug wires, custom exhaust, chip upgrade(if they actually work)
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “Transmissions”