NEED HELP ASAP!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
koreanmx-er

NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Post by koreanmx-er »

last night just before i got home my car started running really rough, today i got my oil changed the guy said i needed to get my injectors cleaned, later on i smelled burning oil and i put my hand over my exhaust and there was black oil that shot out onto my hand, i gotta figure out what happend any help is appreciated!
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Hmm..I'd check to make sure all spark plugs are good. If so, I'd say dayumn..time for a ring job.
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

cmon guys anybody else i need some help
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

is there a noticable loss in power? i would say somthing in the engine went
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

i brought my car to a shop today , they said it may need a valve job or someother kinds of engine work but they compression tested and i was at around 170 on all 6 cylinders, so they dont think its an engine problem, so i guess im in limbo til they get back to me
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

That's what you get for bringing your car into a shop. Especially a K-series engine. For some reason, mechanics can't figure out s--- on the K-series problems. I seem to always see Probes, MX6, and MX3 in shops around town for EXTENDED periods of time. When I was having trouble with my MX3 passing emissions in Vegas, I was back to the emissions place a few times over a month time. There was a white MX3 in the service bay every single day I was there. You're better off being your own mechanic.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Maybe the guy who changed the oil poured a bunch of oil in the spark plug well, and you had/have a loose spark plug or spark plug wire?

Generally oil out the exhaust while driving indicates worn rings. Oil at start up only indicates bad valve seats / seals.

Oil is usually blue out the tailpipe. So if its black, you could possibly be running way to rich, causing unburned fuel to go out the tailpipe. This could be caused by various things, but one of those reasons could be a faulty/leaking injector, which would also cause rough running since it would be getting the incorrect amount of fuel.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

turns out they say its going to be 1400usd, plugs, valve cover gasket, and 02 sensor plus labor , i think thats bulls---, im going to do the work myself, ive done a vcg before so i think i should be able to do it again, and is it in the shop manual? i think the cost is high becuase of the ridiculously priced o2 sensors that they are selling out there for the mx-3 , and the labor, or if there is anyone in the minneapolis area that would do the work for cheaper id gladly give another mxer the money then some shop!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Unreal. I payed 1300 to get CV boot fixed, timingbelt change, valve cover gasket, some other seals, all fluids replaced. Only 500 in parts.

Anyway, try replacing your PCV valve, it could be clogged. My car was smokin abit, and i changed it, and all is good (as well as my corrodid plugs...ew bad plugs + bad PCV valve = s---). Your PCV valve takes unburned crankcase blowby gases back into your IM and it reburned. That coudl be the s--- thats comming out of your muff.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

anybody else?
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

how much should it relistically cost for valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and o2 sensor parts and labor?

my guess is like something around 350 400?

what do you think?
twoie

Post by twoie »

If it's only thr front vcg then not much involved. the rear is a little more of a pain and takes more time due to everything that needs removed to get the cover off.
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

yeah i i know , ive done it once before, but that was when i had tools and some help was available to me , now its not and i need to get it fixed so i can sell my car , unless somone wanted to buy it for less and fix it themselves
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

koreanmx-er wrote:how much should it relistically cost for valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and o2 sensor parts and labor?

my guess is like something around 350 400?

what do you think?
If you drive your a-- to Chicago, I'd do it all for $100 in labor and $150 in parts. It'd take me 4 hours tops, and that's accounting expecting to run into problems.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Do it your self. replace the plugs o2 vcg and PCV valve. if it works, great. If not. Try again.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”