insurance costs?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mycarhatesme

insurance costs?

Post by mycarhatesme »

how much do u all pay a month?

im at 79/month cdn.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I was sitting at $130 till I was 25. Then it dropped to $120 (all I got is the 92' 4cycl too!!! :(

But get this when I got apartment insurance to cover my cr*ap I only pay $103. Try and figure that out? more insurance coverage and I pay less?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I pay $250/month cdn. 1 at fault accident in 11 years of driving and this is what I get. :( Before the accident I was paying about 75/month.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Same here I am paying about 250/mo same deal one at fault...and BAM you get nailed.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Focal

Post by Focal »

i pay about 370 dollars every three months.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

110 usd age 22 3 accidents not at fault they all ran the stops signs hit me.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

$486.00 every month... just had to pay it and now my drivers..... im officially broke. :cry:
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I pay $86 a month for both my MX-3 and my B2000. I still think its outrageous considering I have a squeaky clean driving record and.. well.. its not like I can drive both vehicles at the same time :roll:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mcfly

Post by mcfly »

i pay 39.75$ cdn a month. Mind you, if ever i get into an accident my insurance covers the car i hit and not my own lol. Guess i'll just have to drive safe :)
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

I pay $150 a month for liability only (only covers if i hit someone else.. and not the damage to my car)

1 at fault accident.. 1 not at fault. 1 "run" (i paused damnit!) stop sign.. numerous speeding tickets. :p

-Chris
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

lol well the mx-3 insurance is under my mom lol that way I pay $30 a month for liability, last time I got a quote for ME and someone would actually cover ME lol it was...

Geico - $437 a month USD for liability lol
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

$100K Liability
0 years experience (on record. first year counts in feb)
2 Accidents (none my fault. so far they haven't effected my rate)
1 Ticket (ran a stop sign going 2 miles an hour)

$130/mo USD

Not bad. The ticket puts me up $20 a month. Hopefully next month my rate will drop some more since it will be a year since I started driving legally.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

LooseChangeRacing wrote:lol well the mx-3 insurance is under my mom lol that way I pay $30 a month for liability, last time I got a quote for ME and someone would actually cover ME lol it was...

Geico - $437 a month USD for liability lol
Does your mom's insurance automatically cover you as a driver? If not, that $30 bucks/month is as useful as money flushed down the toilet... One of my friends was driving like that for a while and she got into an accident - the insurance refused to pay a single penny because the insured person let an "unauthorized" driver to use the car - wouldnt pay the other driver as well. The whole family's premiums went up 20 times and they had to pay a fine of $2k to get coverage reinstated. It became part of their "record" - so they couldnt switch companies either. I dont know the whole story but it was a total mess. The insurance companies are basically out to screw us anyway they can.

P.S. By the way - how does this relate to 4cyl technical performance?
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

well when i got the MX i payed 230 USD a month, then i got married droped to 115, hit 23 and just droped to 60 smacker a month. and thats with 6 speeding tickets, and 1 licens plate infraction. im so damb lucky. I hadn't had a ticket for almost 3 years untill this past year. 4 tickets in one year. 2 i comitted 2 i contested because i didnt, and like always i lost. damb cops

oh thats full coverage too
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

ariesdude wrote: P.S. By the way - how does this relate to 4cyl technical performance?
my bad...it doesnt...i was curious
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”