losing heat on highways

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Ah, fluctuating temp guage. Deffinately sounds like a thermostat problem now.
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

man, this is the worst car ive ever owned...nothing but problems...*fidget fidget*
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea i've felt that way before too...but it's the car that i've had the most fun driving too.

i'd have to go along with the thermostat theory also. sometimes they are defective right out of the package.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

yea, im gonna have to agree it is fun to drive....just wish i had more funds to do more to it...times is hard on the boulevard
rusty

Post by rusty »

What kind of temperature is it outside when this is happening? Does your temperature meter go right down or are you talking about the heat that your getting inside your car deterirates. I can't stop my side windows from frosting up when i travel on the highway in the winter cause the car doesn't produce enough heat when travelling. My thermostat is fine the temp. on the gauge doesn't move but definely can tell its not blowing enough heat to keep all the windows inside the car from frosting up. Any recommendations?
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Clean the air system out. sometimes the heater core can be covered in road trash and leaves and dirt and crap thus reducing air flow and heat.

If water pump is fine, thermo is fine and radiator is fine, you have to track it back to the next cooling component, heater core.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I never thought of that i just always thought mazdas had bad heating systems. But i'll check my heater core to see if it's pluged up on it. I get good heat when it's not moving though, do you still think the heater core could be the problem. How do i get at the heater core?
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

if your temp guage is going down it isn't the heater core, to get to your heater core you have to tear the entire dash apart.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
rusty

Post by rusty »

My heat gauge isn't going down, So i have to take apart my dash to clean out the heater core, that doesn't sound fun at all. Where do i start?
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

ya, it only happend twice...and it hasnt happend in the last week or so....i think my thermostat got stuck open or something. it was cold out..aprox. minus 15 or so when it happend. my rad is new..my thermostat is new..my water pump is 5 months old. im not sure about my heater core. never thought about that one. i get lots of heat from my vents, but my gauge just dropped the couple of times that it happend. im just going to cross my fingers and hope it was a freak occurance if occurance is a word :oops:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”