Question about the road salt

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Matt_vn

Question about the road salt

Post by Matt_vn »

Where I live we use sand on our road. But I have heard that in some parts they use salt. I am looking at some Mx-3's where salt is used. They are 92-95's. Most with around 150 000 km's on them. <BR>For those who live in places where the roads are salted: are the mx-3's underbody still in good condition?
prasie the lowered
ddmalcore

Re: Question about the road salt

Post by ddmalcore »

mine is just great. i have 2 tiny rust bubbles on the body right behind the right rear tire. just wash the car regularly and you shouldnt have a problem. it might be wise to also invest in a battery powered lock de-icer :p
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

In the winter months I wash my car at least twice a week...sometimes more.<BR>Its good to get the salt of the underbody it eats away at the metal/paint...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Matt_vn

Post by Matt_vn »

I live where they use sand rather than salt. I was just wondering if it can do as much damage as I have heard it can do....<P>It could be one of the reasons that there are some very cheaply priced Mx-3's in the area I am looking at.
prasie the lowered
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

my 92 has 100,000 miles on it and i live in PA. we get a fairly good amount of snow here....and they use salt on the roads.....i have a 1500 foot driveway that needs plowed in the winter because i have 30 acres of farm land......so i guess it's all in how ya take care of your car.....i do however, keep my car in a shed so that snow and/or elements do not lay on it...<P><BR>heather
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”