Pics of my lowered mx on 18's

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

haha yea, i got mine from Lordco (like napa) its called NiteShades and yea its illegal but i havent had any issues, the light still comes through
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Thats pretty sick.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I think the 18's look good, but in my opinion the car needs to be a lil lower. But the ride would go to crap.

I am obsessed with slamming cars..lol.

I'm in the market for rims and can't decide 17's or 18's....but i am thinking 17's cause of the price difference..LOL (Yes, i am a cheap a--)
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

babyblueMX3 wrote:I think what is funny you car seems dropped (according to gap between fender and tires) but is too much off the ground. I think a set of side skirts would arrange that.
clean ride but like other said I would look better on 17's
I agree here. I thought something looked weird, but yeah, some nice side skirts would fix that issue perfectly! Other than that, everything else is fine to me! 8)
No more MX-3.
.:]{UBIS:.

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

I do like 18s but do not tinting.. nice car man.. how low did U drop it?Seems like 4cm..

.:]{:.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Its only a 1.3 inch drop. I am gonna get some lower springs here soon if someone wants to trade..or really save and get coilovers.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

looks pukka mate. hate the eye brows, but ya cars lookin sweet!

And 18's are no way too big on an mx3 <if styling is your thing>!!!!!
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I have 18's on mine right now...guess my car looks gay???

Anyways, I think, the car is still a little high, a touch lower would really work, though as someone already stated, your ride is going to be rough, I don't use my car for daily driving so it's a little different on my end.

I also have a set of 17's, but since I got the 18's, I have not used them.

I think another things that adds to your gap of the wheel well is that the rims are so thin, they are really open and so it draws your eyes to all the gaps. That's why the calipers are a focus now...I would at least paint them, big brake kit is ridiculously expensive.

Good luck, looks good.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Whats the point of heavy 18's on an mx-3? It looks like crap and i am sure it rides like a tank. 16's are the best all around size for performance and looks combined.
Pumas_kitten

Post by Pumas_kitten »

do you have any problems with rubbing? :idea:
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

The OEM's, the 16" Focals, the 17" Tenzo R, 17" RS Racng and the 17" Nippon Racing rims all weigh more than my 18" Rays. Weight is not a relevant issue if you know what your buying.

As far as your opinion about 16" and the earlier comment about 18", lets not forget this is all a matter of opinion, personal taste and personal feel. Regardless, I respect your opinion.

And kitten, no, no problem with rubbing, the 18" fit into that large wheel well nice and smooth with no modification whatsoever.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

wickedmx3 wrote:The OEM's, the 16" Focals, the 17" Tenzo R, 17" RS Racng and the 17" Nippon Racing rims all weigh more than my 18" Rays. Weight is not a relevant issue if you know what your buying.

As far as your opinion about 16" and the earlier comment about 18", lets not forget this is all a matter of opinion, personal taste and personal feel. Regardless, I respect your opinion.
Weight is a relevant issue when you actually compare the same wheel. (eg. 16" rays will be lighter then 18" rays).
16" will ride better and you wont feel every little bump in the road. I bet it sounds like you smacked into a brick wall every time you hit a decent bump when those big wheels and rubber not much thicker then a condom.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I have owned or curently own all those rims I listed, so I can say with certainty that the Rays are lighter then all of them.

My best friend has 17" Volk's and they are lighter than ANY rims either of us have ever had.

Some of the more expensive rims are rediculously light and strong. I even have a set of lug nuts, they are so light, you would think they are made of plastic.

Some of the products are there are really amazing.

But, I can attest, the ride on the 18's is not for the weak of heart. It is rough, but like I said, my car is not a daily driver. If I was driving it more, I would definitly switch to the 17"s.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

My 18's dont rub, but yes the ride is somewhat rough, If I could get 17's I would but I dont have the money for that.
jamario

Post by jamario »

Will 18''wheels fit if I lower my car with H&R springs?
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”