Did I get Ripped off?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DizzeeRascal

Did I get Ripped off?

Post by DizzeeRascal »

Ok, I bought my MX3 GS V6 1.8L, 5speed with 275000km, NO RUST ANYWHERE..it was painted on April 12, 2005, Synthetic oil everywhere (tranny, engine)...has a 3 inch coldair intake with racing plugs a wires (thats wut i was told) i can see the down pipe and the wires are red and the plugs are pretty long...it came with an Alpine head unit .. but it was stolen last week....um....oh and i got 6 summer tires..2 are brand new..the other 4 are worn but have at least 60k left on them...

i paid 2600CAD?

Should i kill the mofo for rippin me off or shake his hand for a fair deal?

Thanks,

Diz
...like a fat kid on a smartie
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Well, first off we need to know the mechanical status, for the US people I'll do the convert for you.

He spent roughly $2300 on a GS with 170k on it. Seems alittle pricey to me, but if the clutch/pump/belts and whatnot were recently replaced and the engine is running healthy then it's a fair deal, not a good deal. but fair. Look into getting a KLZE soon dude, nice easy swap and BAM you got power. Especially now with the Turbo Kit...ouch...300HP in no time.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

considering some of the basic factory rs sell for about 5000 CDN around here i say...go ahead and shake his hand for a fair deal!
madcat85

Post by madcat85 »

i paid 3,000 for a 1992 mazda mx3 Gs v5 AT and the tranny went about a week later....so you got a better deal then me
1992 Mazda MX3 GS V6----FOR SALE!!!!!!
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

I paid $700.00 USD for mine and it's pretty much flawless other than a dirty engine bay and rust bu the windshield =)
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

LooseChangeRacing wrote:...Look into getting a KLZE soon dude, nice easy swap and BAM you got power. Especially now with the Turbo Kit...ouch...300HP in no time.
I have no idea where to even start to do that...i want to..but not a clue where to look...ot wut to look for...wuts the average cost on that? WITHOUT the turbo..i'm 22 if my insurance finds a turbo anywhere near me...they'll bend me over and lube up with sandpaper..
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Its hard to say if it was a fair deal because used cars have completely different market values depending on where they are located. Used cars in alberta have retardedly high values, but here in newfoundand used cars probably sell for among the lowest in canada.

Check around your area and see what similar cars are selling for.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think thats a descent price. I have seen stock mx3 gs clean looking for 3000 and up USD. I got mine for 1000 and after engine swap i had TONS of poblems which got fixed :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

f---!

shes dead...went to start her up and its started to turn for like a second (literally) then when i turn the key to start it...i can hear like...the starter or something turning but the engine is not moving at all...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok nm get away from it as fast as possible .. jk well if u think tis worth fixing but well :/ once an mx3 gives u little propblems its a bit of a pain.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

shes dead...went to start her up and its started to turn for like a second (literally) then when i turn the key to start it...i can hear like...the starter or something turning but the engine is not moving at all...
Sounds like a dead battery or bad battery terminal connections. Its possible that when your stereo unit was stolen they messed up a bit of your wiring and you may have a short killing your battery. Use a Volt meter and get a voltage reading from your battery. Check the water level in the cells of the battery. My bet is that its dead Jim. Once replaced.. check again while the car is running and make sure your alternator is supplying at least 14.2 volts to the battery. Less means that the alternator isnt doing its job and should be replaced. I am starting to get the impression that the alternator is one of the MX-3's weak points. Hope this helps.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

lol... :oops: i guess it was just the cold...i pushed her back into the street then had my gf sit ing the drivers seat with the clutch in and in second gear...i pushed her down the street as hard as i could then jess (my gf) let the clutch out and POOF! she started...

its weird though...cuz i could hear the starter spining but the engine wasnt turning at all...hmm
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

maybe the teeth in the flywheel are worn out opr starter itself is not engaging.
-hec

FuRoR

Post by FuRoR »

actually mine did the exact same thing awhile ago. I pushed started it for awhile. Brought it into the shop and found out its simply the starter. So I paid little to nothing to get the starter replaced and it works like a champ now.
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

just did the same thing...

thanks guys!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”