Bolt-In, Plug-and-Play Projector Lights

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

how much longer? :roll:
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

I've been ill the past couple of weeks, and had a couple of minor disasters at home which drained my funding, but I should have more news on these by next week.

Still working on it... Rest assured I am not going to let this project die!
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Sorry about the rough times, hope you managed alright man. Glad to hear the project is still on, I'll wait around on it for as long as it takes. Keep up the good work.
PeaCheZ

Post by PeaCheZ »

sorry 2 hear that....ill wait for however long it takes :wink:
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

:werd: Big supporter of this project myself and the quality of these will keep me patient. Well worth the wait in any case. Although I don't know the scope of how serious things are for you at home, I hope life will cut you a break through the holidays and that things take a turn-around for the better. Best wishes.
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Thanks for the well wishes, but it's not been anything too serious - I just had a really bad flu for a couple of weeks that just knocked me on my behind, and now my four month old daughter has it as well. Between work and trying to get well during my downtime I just haven't been able to make much progress.

As for the mishaps at home, our hot water heater at home burst at the same time that our furnace failed, followed by a leak and subsequent flood in one of our bathrooms that required me to tear the walls apart. All these things together required me to spend a TON of money to get everything fixed (nearly ten grand after all was said and done). Youch!!!

Needless to say, that has put a massive dent in the finances I had available for this project, so things will take a bit longer. Sorry for the delay, folks, but since this is all being funded on my credit and being done in my spare time, there just isn't any other option.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Completely understandable JP. Just had a pipe burst on me in the garage which gave the car a good bath ....LOL. Take care of yourself and the family first ...good luck.
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Oh my goodness. Sorry to hear about all that. When it rains it pours, right (no pun intended) Glad to hear you are getting better and I hope your baby is ok and gets over the flu quickly.

I am still trying to replace all the plumbing in my house b/c the pipes are old and keep breaking. I luckily decided to start placing access panels in all the bathrooms so that I can get to the pipes if they break behind the wall. Funny thing is that here in Georgia we hardly even get freezing weather. I couldn't imagine the nighmares of cold in Canada...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

PATDIESEL wrote: placing access panels in all the bathrooms
Sounds like one of them souuuuuurthern mansions Pat ... "all the bathrooms"....LOL.
PATDIESEL wrote:I couldn't imagine the nighmares of cold in Canada...
Suprised the heck out of me too since the house is less than three years old. I knew I should have had a cut-off tap installed on the inside for the outside tap - froze all the way up to 5 feet of pipe and split the 1/2" copper pipe open. :cry:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I'll also wait as long as it takes as this is something I've been wanting for a long time. Hope your daughter is feeling better now by the way.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Thanks - my daughter is doing fine now, but my wife ended up in the hospital a few nights ago! :roll:

Nothing super serious, just a run-of-the-mill infection common in nursing mothers, but it made her violently ill, and she got super dehydrated. She had to be on IV fluids and antibiotics, and is now laid up at home recovering.

Sheesh - hopefully that's the end of the bad luck for now! Maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets...
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

any news?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

I should have some news on this after this weekend. Stay tuned!
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

am i correct in assuming from all my readin in this thread.... 340 - 455 is the target range. u get the brackets and outer housing, the light setup of h7 halogens h9s and the xenons will have to be purchased seperatly.

tatsu or J or... neone... .verify that im right.. if so im in like sin
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

That is about right. I might do full kits as well, but I foresee the bulk of the sales being just the mounting brackets and outer housings. They will fit any of the single-beam, Hella 90mm headlights (I.E. H7 or H9 halogens or D2S xenon's, but NOT the bi-xenon's).

I am still trying to work on pricing/sources for the light units and connectors that will make it cost-effective to do the whole kits, but so far it looks like people will be better off getting the light units and wiring themselves because the low volumes I am predicting just can't get me much of a discount on the parts.

Return to “New Product Development”