millennia S supercharger

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
SloGsr

millennia S supercharger

Post by SloGsr »

Does anyone know if you can swap a supercharger from a millennia S
and if so what is required?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: millennia S supercharger

Post by jschrauwen »

SloGsr wrote:Does anyone know if you can swap a supercharger from a millennia S
and if so what is required?
Welcome to MX-3.com
As a newbe it's best to do a search on any questions first since were dealing with a possible 13 year old car and questions like this have been asked and answered numerous times before.
Short answer to Q - NO
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

cool thanx for the help
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Sorry for being abrupt. Not enough space in our engine compartment to squeeze the combined SC and IM in.
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

Thanx for your help on the subject I really do appreciate it. But I have a couple more questions.....if it is a space issue, is it up and down, inboard out board, or forward and aft? if it is up and down that could be cured with a custom hood right? and also what I am really getting at is will it bolt on to my block? I have a 2.5L sourced from a 96 626. As you asked I did look around for answers on this fourm and also through a google search and I could not find the answers I was looking for. Once again thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i think ur better off what john did (jschrauwen) go on ebay look for an m42 i think he has and go to http://www.mrspeed.biz and buy the supercharger install kit although john doesnt have the install kit yet if he is gettin it. instead of tryin to do it custom why not buy a kit alot easier and you know it will work better
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

SloGsr wrote:Thanx for your help on the subject I really do appreciate it. But I have a couple more questions.....if it is a space issue, is it up and down, inboard out board, or forward and aft? if it is up and down that could be cured with a custom hood right? and also what I am really getting at is will it bolt on to my block? I have a 2.5L sourced from a 96 626. As you asked I did look around for answers on this fourm and also through a google search and I could not find the answers I was looking for. Once again thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
After all of that searching it should be obvious. After looking at the layout of the Millennia Supercharger as it sits on the Millennia S 2.3L engine, then looking at the V6 layout of the MX3 engine in the engine bay, and after knowing that the 626 engine will reside in the same fashion as the K8, and after reviewing various pics that members have posted over time of their engine bays it becomes quite evident that there is no room AFT for the Millennia Supercharger as it's configured to the intake manifold. Our engines reside to close to the rear firewall for it to fit.
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

Yea thats the conclusion I had come to as well. But thank you for all your help on the subject. I haven't done a side by side compairison on the two but I did look at my buddy's mellinia last night and figured it wasn't gonna work.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Apparently the KJ-ZE can fit into a Eunos 500, one of the guys at my local Mazda parts place told me of a guy that had done it....., it got me thinking.....!
It would be a helluva car, but you'd still get dragged off by every git in their turbo skyline (if you can't beat them..., join 'em!)

Oh...., i'm pretty sure the 626 is the same platform as the 500...., which would probably be the same as the MX-6....., of course, this car (if it is true) would be RHD :shrug:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “Forced Induction”