safc or fmu

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Brycek

safc or fmu

Post by Brycek »

Ok I'm gonna be runing about 6 psi on my dohc b6, would a safc be a better option or would a rrfpr be better? I have b6t injectors.
facko

Post by facko »

i just got the fmu, im running like 9lbs w/ my fmu and bp injectors and i dont lean out. however, if u can afford the safc and get it tuned right it would definately nicer..just not necessary
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

facko wrote:i just got the fmu, im running like 9lbs w/ my fmu and bp injectors and i dont lean out. however, if u can afford the safc and get it tuned right it would definately nicer..just not necessary
how can you not lean out. on my stock B6 i was maxing the BP injectors @ 7 psi on the VJ14. and lean as hell. with the FMU. im now running 310cc from MX6 and im maxing them out @ 14psi on a VF10.

well if you can afford it get both it makes tunning on the dyno alittle easer im told by some of the techs. with the AFC its really all or nothing, there is no in between tunning. tunning is key. if you can swing it get the Emannage Ultimate. I will be hooking one up on an MX here in a few months.
The FMU is probably your best bet from personal experiance, coupled with a wideban O2. but if you run more boost than that you will probably want some sort of piggy back.

or you can do what i did and swap out the complete wiring system for a BPT one. then run the FMU. but i just got my stand alone in the other day so i wont have to worrie about it any more :)
facko

Post by facko »

:shrug: i do not kno why it doesnt lean out, i dont ride around @ 9lbs all the time tho, if im just driving around town i have it turned down to 5lbs. I thought someone else had been using bp injectors too (thats why im using those) and they used about the same boost w/o leaning out...as far as my air/fuel gauges tells me.
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

facko wrote::shrug: i do not kno why it doesnt lean out, i dont ride around @ 9lbs all the time tho, if im just driving around town i have it turned down to 5lbs. I thought someone else had been using bp injectors too (thats why im using those) and they used about the same boost w/o leaning out...as far as my air/fuel gauges tells me.

maybe it has to do with altitude. i origionally ran the BP injectors for quite some time. ran fine at idle and crusign speeds, but anything over like 3500 to 4K i leaned way out. maybe it has to do with quality of the FMU also. if you can get them to work thats great!
facko

Post by facko »

lol maybe it was the quality -shrug- the one i have is a vortech 12:1. Works awesome! a lot easier than messing w/ the safc
Brycek

Post by Brycek »

Ok I'll prolly get both then, though I doubt my mx will ever see a dyno. Any opinion on what ratio rrfpr to get? 10:1? The Emanage seems like it has more than I need and I really don't want to spend that much just to run 6 lbs.
facko

Post by facko »

at 6lbs and a working fmu u shouldnt need to bother w/ the safc..so unless u really want it then i wouldnt bother. and like i said the ratio on mine is 12:1 and my car runs fine :D well it did...but the amount of fuel was never an issue :P

Return to “Forced Induction”