Just got my MSnS and Red Top Injectors!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

hyperman wrote:the same as you, a clutched m62. I'm not running the redtops though. I will be running sr20 370cc injectors, these will be good for about 300hp and that's my goal.
Is your Megasquirt configured to control any part of the M62 or will it be constantly engaged? Won't 370cc be a little too much for the M62 and the ZE since there'll only be about 7psi max boost anyway? Is Bastian in on this too?
EZ_4_FUN wrote: Both, the 6 redtop 550 injectors
Did a little poking on PT and found that;
The Red/Maroon topped Nissan injectors flow 260cc - 270cc and if I remember correctly from Steve, the (Redtopped) can be modified to flow 550cc.
The Blue/Purple injectors (from 300ZX or SR20DET) flow 370cc.
Have I got this right?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

hyperman wrote:I got mine 2 today, i'm going to run the nissan injectors as well. But i'm still searching for a machineshop to modify the rails.

Wow! That wiring harness is about 3 times the length of mine@!!!
EZ_4_FUN wrote:
Both, the 6 redtop 550 injectors
Did a little poking on PT and found that;
The Red/Maroon topped Nissan injectors flow 260cc - 270cc and if I remember correctly from Steve, the (Redtopped) can be modified to flow 550cc.
The Blue/Purple injectors (from 300ZX or SR20DET) flow 370cc.
Have I got this right?
Yes, once modified, they will flow 550cc.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

jschrauwen wrote:
hyperman wrote:the same as you, a clutched m62. I'm not running the redtops though. I will be running sr20 370cc injectors, these will be good for about 300hp and that's my goal.
Is your Megasquirt configured to control any part of the M62 or will it be constantly engaged? Won't 370cc be a little too much for the M62 and the ZE since there'll only be about 7psi max boost anyway? Is Bastian in on this too?

Bastian is in on this too but his setup will be slightly different. He will be running millenia injectors at first.
my megasquirt isn't configured to control any part of the m62 but I will have an carpc so i think i will make two maps for the management one when the charger is turned off and one when it's turned on. Using a touchscreen carpc will make it easy to swap maps.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

Does anyone have an overview of the pin numbers the wires must be connected to. I have started to search in the manual but this will take some time. So if someone has this it will save me a lot of time, it will also be usefull for the FAQ section because a lot of people will use Megasquirt when the turbokit is on the market.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc

Return to “Forced Induction”